Launch Member

Contributor I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Hi everyone, a year ago I bought a new 2019 Tacoma Offroad with the intention of turning it not an overland rig. Life as usual got in the way, but I am finally moving forward with my plans. I thought that I would share my proposed build and hope that I can get some input. It’s a long list, and a bunch of it has already been ordered.

As with a lot of guys, this is not just for getting out into the wild, but also a daily driver. I guess if I am building a part time mall crawler it should look cool too.

Decked drawer system (installed)
TRD skid plates
Toyota Raptor steps (I know they should probably be replaced rock sliders)

(On order)
UpTop Overland can height bed rack
UpTop Overland cab rack
Light bar and side lights
TRD Pro grill

(About to pull the trigger)
Toyotec 2” suspension kit
ARB front bumper
Winch (Smitty built? Need research)
Rear Bumper or spare relocation (?)

(Future stuff)
Tent
33” tires (I like my TRD rims)
Ditch lights

(Coms)
Ham and or GMRS radio

It is a lot of stuff. My main decisions right now are bumpers and winch. My local suspension guy wants as much of the weight as possible to be on before he does his work. That way it can all be dialed in.

Attachments

Reactions: xxcorey72xx

Cajunmile

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Frerman
Member #

Super interested in your build. What is your experience like with the uptop overland roof rack. I live just down the road from them and have been eyeing the bravo rack for about 6 months.

freedomomelet

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Nebraska
Launch Member

Influencer I

Springfield, NE
Member #

Keep me updated and let's share. We are thinking very similar on the bumper and winch.... I just ordered the ARB summit front bumper for my rig and will be doing the install myself. I'll let you know how much of a pain it is :grinning:. For suspension I'm running Dobinsons with the 352 heavy weight springs and did not get the lift as was advert so will probably need to spacer it out especially after adding the bumper...