2019 ranger overland build (surprised and happy)

• HTML tutorial

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
I am building my 2019 ford ranger as my overland vehicle despite having 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I am extremely impressed with results so far. Keeping in mind the overall build and weight ( thanks to overland build you tube video about total weight) I spent a lot of time in military roughing it so like to be comfortable so build includes hot showers comfortable tent plus fans for hot days so need a generator. start adding all that with weight of full tank, passengers and other gear it adds up. The ranger has a little more room for cargo weight and still enough to add boat to back and not exceed the GCVW. Calculated weight loaded is 5613 lbs but actually came out to 5844 lbs. hence the good thing to check the weight on a good scale. The GCVW is 6050 on the Ranger (or at least Mine)
20200619_165113.jpg20200619_165113.jpg

Draykas

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buffalo, Missouri, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Sharp
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Build so far

3" Ford Ranger level lift $190
Radar Renegade RT 285/70/17 tires custom offsets $952
Fuel Shok Grey 17x9 +20 offset wheels Custom Offsets $948
Tuff Stuff Roof top tent bed rack 40" Tuff Stuff Overland $594
Smitty built overlander tent Amazon $899
DIY racks made from walmart ramps for lawn mower
Westinghouse 2k watt Generator
Caampo Boss hot shower setup
and Cell signal booster

Reactions: Andresandana

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

Love the build so far. Looks great. I also have the 4x4 and recently completed the mod to add Terrain Management to the truck. I think that will be a great complement to the already very capable vehicle. Look forward to seeing your adventures.

Reactions: Draykas