Launch Member

Contributor I

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Stout
Member #

Hey guys! New to the forum, but thought I'd post about my build. I purchased my 2019 Lexus GX460 almost a year ago new. A journal of my build is here: Builds - 2019 GXOR HB build

Here are the mods I've done so far:

Chrome Delete/Ceramic Tint/Titanium Coating | Dobinsons MRR Lift | CBI Stealth Bumper/Skids | Warn 9.5 xps winch | SSO Rack/Sliders |ALPHAequipt GXOR Edition wheels | 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeak at3w | Baja Designs Lightbars | ARB Safari Snorkel & Dual Compressor | Pedal Commander | Well Visors -- and some additional customized badging

Forthcoming: 4x4Labs rear bumper with dual swingout and wheel carrier, Goose Gear Drawer system, OrangeBoxx rear folding table and molle window panels.

overview.jpg

105708296_1106679753061861_7939736516743101345_o.jpg

dobinsons.jpg

arbcompressor.jpg

skids.jpg

snorkel.jpg

84559904_1743353282482077_6277940782766721708_o.jpg

Last edited:

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
Too shiney. Rub some dirt on it lol.

I will follow your build as I plan to get a Lexus this fall, an older model, and work my way through it. I never saw such a cute front bumper - does it really go bump?

Yes, I am envious :grinning:

Reactions: spadeupsleeve

spadeupsleeve

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Stout
Member #

Too shiney. Rub some dirt on it lol.

I will follow your build as I plan to get a Lexus this fall, an older model, and work my way through it. I never saw such a cute front bumper - does it really go bump?

Yes, I am envious :grinning:
Haha, it will definitely get there -- she's still pretty new. This is the CBI stealth winch bumper developed for the Lexus GXOR edition -- Lexus Flexes Off-Road Muscle With GXOR Concept Debut at FJ Summit | GearJunkie. My goal was a build somewhat similar to the one developed by Xoverland for this build. This bumper is designed to integrate with the factory look and as a low profile winch mount option. I wasn't a fan of the other options for the 460 (all bull bars) as I think it looks out of place for this rig.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWLands

spadeupsleeve

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Stout
Member #

i thought these were ONLY a concept! didnt realize they produced them. Very cool rig!
Thanks! I think initially it was just going to be for the concept, but then a lot of us in the GX community reached out to CBI and they decided there was enough interest. It's been hard to gain 460 aftermarket support due to low volume. Really glad they did, as CBI's quality is really top notch. Just wish they'd do a rear bumper.

Reactions: lab_rat and EXPO_D1

SWLands

Rank IV
Investor

Pathfinder III

Oakland CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QBJ
What I like is it gives room for a winch but it is not so heavy.

I am new to this, so I will have to get some time banging around on some trails before I tweak things too much. When I started thinking about weight I could hardly see how any rig stays under GVW. I was originally thinking of a 3/4 ton truck with a FWC but I am not sure they will get down the trails that appeal to me. I am also thinking of an offroad teardrop trailer which is why I am drawn to the Lexus with the V8 and towing capacity. It allows comfort on a smaller footprint than a full size truck. In the end everything is compromise. This bumper deserves serious thinking, depending what model I end up buying.

I appreciate the video you linked - that is sorta what I have in mind, but I don't feel like climbing into a rooftop tent.

Drusito

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

ventura, ca
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Gunn
Member #

You have a very clean and useful build. The CBI bumper is spot on. I think one of the best looking bumpers I have seen yet that hold a factory minimal look.

Reactions: spadeupsleeve

Grnevarez

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

El Paso, TX, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Nevarez
Member #

How is the build coming along? I am building out my 2014. Have you done rear bumper yet?

spadeupsleeve

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Stout
Member #

How is the build coming along? I am building out my 2014. Have you done rear bumper yet?

I haven't done anything yet on the rear bumper, but I'm considering just adding a JW offroad wheel carrier (they are local). Its a simpler solution and keeps the weight down, but for now still deciding.

lab_rat

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
W
I recently bought a local one-owner 2010 GX460 here in SATX.

I’m researching the heck out of bumpers/suspension/wheel and tire sizes for my ‘GXOR’ build.

I’ll be watching your thread to see how you like all your gear for sure!

-George