2019 Ford Transit Quadvan 4x4....installed Transit Offroad upgraded lower control arms

• HTML tutorial

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Sounds so simple for the Taco/4runner crowd, toss on new control arms. Well for us Transit van folks there just as NOT been any options.
And I beat on my van hard so this was an upgrade I really wanted, especially as this rear control arm bushing "fights" the control arm movement on a lifted van.
20230826_084513.jpg

The new arms are 8lbs heavier per side (nice thick steel) with reinforcement plates and a great way to fix alignment (only toe can be set on a stock van). Also the rear joint allows MORE travel and less resistance which made install super easy.
And I was the one that wrote the notes on the bottom as my only complaint is the use of SAE bolts so now I have a 12pt 1/2in socket in my tool roll .
20230827_105907.jpg
20230826_110429.jpg

You can see the difference and while I was a dork and forget to get measurements (other than to see that I only have 0.25in more droop...which is great to prevent CV binding) it absolutely makes a difference with the Vancompass blue springs added to a new set of Bilstein B6 struts.
20230826_110046.jpgScreenshot_20230828_082852_Gallery.jpg20230828_083921.jpg
20230826_110031.jpg

überlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Kultala
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Army
Awesome job! I’ve been in the same boat before, having to use parts and just make my own way! Love the van.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
especially as this rear control arm bushing "fights" the control arm movement on a lifted van.
This is one of the biggest issues on anything lifted. It's also one of the things ignored on most lifted vehicles.
I didn't see springs in your picture's. Are yours torsion bars?

Overall, great upgrade.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
This is one of the biggest issues on anything lifted. It's also one of the things ignored on most lifted vehicles.
I didn't see springs in your picture's. Are yours torsion bars?

Overall, great upgrade.
Front is Mcpherson strut, I replaced the factory struts with Bilstein B6 (currently the ONLY thing out there) and the springs with Van Compass heavy duty options.
Even though I am 7800lbs on an 8600lb GVW I run hard in Baja and the southwest and have bottomed out the front a number of times.
Not to mention I am really good at field repairs for a 1 legged guy IMG_20220505_090733_198.jpg

Reactions: smritte