Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

I disabled mine with Forscan. Of course now I have a tuner which also enables me to turn it off. Also, if you like Sport mode as much as I do and use it most often, start/stop automatically disables when in Sport.
That’s good to know. I haven’t used it in sport mode much. My commute to work is limited to 30 mph and like 3 miles to drive haha. What kind of difference do you feel?

HoosierT

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fishers, IN
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Turner
Member #

That’s good to know. I haven’t used it in sport mode much. My commute to work is limited to 30 mph and like 3 miles to drive haha. What kind of difference do you feel?
Oh man I use Sport 100% of the time. Better throttle response, high revs, engine braking/holds RPMs. I exclusively used sport mode in my fusion for the four years I had it as well. Not for everyone, but I much prefer it. Obviously you don't have to shift manually unless you hit the +/- buttons then it goes into manual mode. I'm not a fan of manual, I just leave it in sport automatic.

Reactions: Wallygator

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Next round of stuff went on! Icon Compression Wheels and BFG KO2s were slapped on today. Kinda transforms the whole look. No noticeable noise from the tires what so ever. I’m building a full length pull out drawer (just waiting on the drawer slide to arrive) and a solar panel mount for the top of the GFC (need a few more aluminum struts). I’m excited to get outdoors with this thing! 5F232CFF-4605-4983-8433-98E5B7BB256B.jpeg

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Truck looks amazing man. We need to find a good spot in between ID and IN and meet up for a camp weekend and talk trucks!
Thanks! That’d be great to get out that way, don’t know when I’ll be able to plan a trip out East but maybe Uncle Sam will move me soon. Currently I can’t leave the state

Desert Rider

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque
First Name
Ed
Last Name
Mignardot
We didn't have much time with a lift so we had to guess for the most part. But I will be able to adjust more when I re torque after 100 miles. It will be put to somewhat of a test this weekend.
In order to get the rake it originally had, your gonna have to 1) add a 1-2” spacer kit in the rear, or 2) replace shackles in rear to get 1-2” lift, or 3) replace rear springs with ICON kit (or equivalent) to get desired rake. I installed 1” spacer lit and quite happy...I also installed Shrockworks frame-mounted Sliders that are beefy and have small tread plate steps. Shrockworks also sells a complete set of skids, aluminum or steel, powder coated or raw.
03738244-ADFF-4174-A27B-781566153379.jpeg

Reactions: WalkerTexasRanger

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

In order to get the rake it originally had, your gonna have to 1) add a 1-2” spacer kit in the rear, or 2) replace shackles in rear to get 1-2” lift, or 3) replace rear springs with ICON kit (or equivalent) to get desired rake. I installed 1” spacer lit and quite happy...I also installed Shrockworks frame-mounted Sliders that are beefy and have small tread plate steps. Shrockworks also sells a complete set of skids, aluminum or steel, powder coated or raw.
View attachment 146145
Your Ranger looks good! I ended up getting an add a leaf for the rear which raised the rear to a nice height and added the rake back. Shrockworks sliders are on the list for my truck hopefully in the near future. I’ll look into their skid plates, wasn’t aware they made those so that’s sweet!

iLikeDonuts

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Waterous
Subbing, definitely want to watch this get built. I was super excited when I found out the euro Ranger was making its way back to us. After months of shopping around between the Ranger, Colorado, and Tacoma, I ended up with a Tacoma but I'm always stoked to bump into a Ranger on the trail. Good looking truck!

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Thanks all, we had a plan to go camping this weekend but they shut all the camp grounds down yesterday in my state, along with a stay at home order. And on top of that my base has a stay at home order too so not fully sure if were going or not. Ill have my drawer pull out finished by this weekend and share that with y'all, along with a few other small projects I have put together. @RVA Overland I haven't looked into the Alucab too much just enough to see the price tag, the GFC is cheaper but the Alucab may be more luxurious overall. Only downside foe the GFC (for me personally) was the wait time, but you can find people closer to production who are selling their slots in line.

RVA Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brandermill Parkway, Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Rudolph
Member #

@WalkerTexasRanger had a question about the gfc. Is it possible to leave your pillows and sleeping bag up top when pulled closed? It is one of the things I love about my current rtt because of the storage space it saves. Cant wait to see how you outfit the rear. I added an Anderson style plug in the rear that attached to the factory system so it shuts off after an hour or two. That way my fridge doesn't kill the battery. I plan to set up a secondary battery or portable system like the goal zero or jackery.

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

@WalkerTexasRanger had a question about the gfc. Is it possible to leave your pillows and sleeping bag up top when pulled closed? It is one of the things I love about my current rtt because of the storage space it saves. Cant wait to see how you outfit the rear. I added an Anderson style plug in the rear that attached to the factory system so it shuts off after an hour or two. That way my fridge doesn't kill the battery. I plan to set up a secondary battery or portable system like the goal zero or jackery.
To answer your question, kind of yes but also no. When closed there isn’t enough room for sleeping bag and pillows and blankets. But there is a little room, I keep one of our big blankets up there and maybe could squeeze another one in there. If your gear is thin enough it’ll have a better chance to fit. The way I look at it is the set up and tear down of the GFC is so fast it makes up for having to set up the sleeping gear. I’m working on a Goal Zero set up as we speak! I don’t have a fridge yet (that’ll be later down the line) but when we get one it’ll just plug up to a yeti. Atleast that’s the plan right now.

Reactions: RVA Overland

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

My thought was plug the fridge into the goal zero and the goal zero into the rear plug of the truck so it stays charged when vehicle is running.
That’s one way to do it. What size yeti were you thinking about? I’ve seen the 400 power a fridge and charge devices for a good period of time. Plugging big items like that to the main battery always worries me I’ll run the battery dead by leaving something on too long. And I don’t want to deal with a secondary battery so I’m just running 1 (2 eventually) solar panels up top to power the yeti. Which in turn will power everything else