Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Allen, VA, USA
First Name
Herb
Last Name
Coulter
Member #

Liking that vault! I have a bestop under seat box in my JK but I've been thinking I need something in the Colorado. Hate to leave a piece in an unlockable console or glovebox.

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Well, took a big step on the build last night. On the list for a topper/camper from Campovrlnd About a 6 month lead time, but that gives me time to get a few more things done. So pumped!

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Truck looks great. I want to do the same thing. How has the plasti dip lasted so far?
Thanks man, it's fine so far. I haven't got to take it offroad yet, but it's been washed a few times and has been okay. Picking up our Ovrlnd camper sometime between April/May, so planning to get it offroad some then at the latest.

velo47

Rank VII
Launch Member

Member III

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Harland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3TAX
Nice truck, just got one at the beginning of December! Still plain jane except for some Rago shock skids. Waiting 'til after expo to buy anything else.

I had plasti dipped my wheels on my Subie wagon in Jan 2014 and they still looked OK when I sold it this month, sitting in the NM sun all that time. I think the key is to get the part really really clean before spraying.

And, if it starts to look crappy, just peel it off and redo!

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Thanks, I love the truck so far. Definitely excited to get the camper and take it out for some adventuring this year!

Reactions: JCWages

dj_mccomas

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Louisville, KY
First Name
DJ
Last Name
McComas
Member #

Mock panel set up to get dimensions for the abs sheet ordered. And battery here. Waiting for a few more things before full install can go forward.

Attachments

Reactions: CJP