First Name
Brian
Last Name
Goebel
Member #

Building Natayo

Purchasing her threw Costco.

Picked from dealer Sept 5th

My starting approach was to do cheap quick easy mods while planning the build and convince the wife we needed to go Overlanding.
Well she did let me get the truck so convincing wasn't to hard. I will list the mods in order of install. I have never built an overland rig or done any big mechanical stuff. I have good mechanical aptitude which has gotten me by till now. I have a background in working on boats and basically what I am calling a land yacht. I live in South Florida but I was born & raised in New England.

Bull bar -was first move to get rid of the fish mouth that it looks like without it.
Interior Lights - all switched w/ LED's bright white.
Snorkel - because I always wanted one!
Headlights - both high & low's 6000 kelvin bright white
A.R.E Topper - color matched to cab, no slide window to cab, metal doors with T- locks, LED Lights interior, tool box drivers side, carpet ceiling, factory roof track install.
Husky - 3/4" foam bed matt including tail gate. Best move ever!
Rock sliders - the wife did not like the factory slides so it was Victory 4x4 to the rescue!
Rear seat delete - Goose gear the whole thing.
Roof Racks - both the Cab & Topper got the Victory 4x4 RR's, using the Tacoma Topper for the A.R.E. It's tight but works!
House Lights - All lights are Black Oak LED's(14), On the main cab RR we 40" Double Stack Light Bar, Bull bar has a 20" single, 2- 3" Ditch lights on hood, 2- 3" Spots on back of topper for camper set up. 3 rock lights on the inside doors of topper which align above wheels for nice downward light white light. 1 rock light over battery box & essential wiring. 4- rock lights under main cab, they are blue because the wife is Scottish so I am trying to score points.
Molle panels - all 3 sides, drivers side I mounted a 3/4" plywood w/carpet for mounting electronics.
Trigger - wireless remote for all the Black Oaks, 6 zone's also with blue tooth app. Which works great because you can turn them on from inside the camper!! You can light someone or something up! lol
Lithium Battery - Dakota 200amh in a wood box made by me.
Battery/ Solar charger - Redarc Manager 30
Solar - Zamp Obsidian (2) 100 watt kits, one for Natayo & one for Morph
Inverter - Duracel 3000 watt with spike surge up to 6k
Multi plug strip 110v - mounted inside tool box as a charging station for all things battery.
Multi Color LED - 12ft. LED strip inside topper & Tool box illumination. I wanted bright red light at night without losing night vison. It turn blue too for the wife!
Warn Winch - Platinum 10s wireless which fits only with grease!
Cameras - Blackvue with both front & rear cameras. Rear camera mount on the topper to over see Morph the Opus 2.

I am at the end of the initial build as Natayo will be able to hold her own now.
When it's time for new shoes we will finish the build.

What is in store for Natayo in the future?
35" Geolanders on AEV Crestone rims w/ beadlock
AEV High mark flares
Peak coil over front end
1" leveler in the front
Add a leaf in the rear
Nitro gear w/ AEV rear end cover
CBI Dual swing rear bumper w/spare, highlift, rotopax
589 Fabricators steel axel
589 Shock relocation kit
transmission skid plate

I am hoping to get about 4" more of clearance with this mod.

Reactions: CJP

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Two good forums for info are coloradofans.com and zr2zone.com. If you use the Peak C/O kit you do not use the 1" level kit. I would highly recommend Deaver rear leafs vs the AAL. Also Timbrem off road bump stops. Get the lightest tires you can find. The DSSV's do not like heavy tires or lift of more than 1.5"

Attachments

Reactions: Natayaoverland