Rank II

Enthusiast II

Saint Helens, Columbia County, Oregon, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Dillon
Hey yall.
Since the last update, ive hunted 3 times out of the truck, but not overnight camped. With a child on the way with in the next month im finding it hard to be away from home.
I took full advantage of black friday this year. An iron man 4x4 270 awning, and a setpower fridge. I have used the awning several times for day trips and its been awesome. I got a 2 wall kit with the awning for black friday and i love them.
The setpower fridge has been great also. I have left it for daily driving also. I keep it stocked with drinks for my work week. (Energy drinks, gatorade, water, etc) its not powered 24/7 but it has stayed cold over night. Pretty impressed with the fridge.

I am so excited that we are having a son soon. But, and i hope this doesnt come across as selfish as i feel, but my daytrip/camp trips will be severely limited if not completely squashed here soon. I finally have the coolest build ive ever owned and now im at a point in life where It wont be used as much as I had hoped.

Set my mind at ease. How early did you include your childeren in your adventures, and how did that turn out?

Or.... am I high... and should buy a minivan until i can use my rig as intended?

Attachments

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

That's a nice setup.

As far as bringing the kids, if you can tolerate a little dirt and some sleepless nights training them to camp, I think you're fine to start out as soon as you feel like it. Camping before they're crawling is actually very nice and easy.