2018 Tacoma build tire clearance issues

• HTML tutorial

NOTYO TACO

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Baird, Tx
Member #

Total Chaos makes a cab mount trim kit and has a pretty good how to video. I had the same issue on my 2018 Taco. These helped still get some rub when under heavy compression and turning. Other companies make the kits also.

Casper66

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Culpeper, Va.
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Carter
Member #

Several vendors make precut plates BAMF, SOS Concepts, Mobtown and a few others. They are usually reasonably priced although if you have the means it is cheaper just to get some 3/16 and cut your own. For 33's you only need to really remove about the outer 2/3 of the face of the cab mount and weld the plates in further back into the mount. I've done about 15-20 over tha last couple of years on 2nd gens it's not difficult but you will be better off if you have a friend that can weld or some local OB or TW members willing to jump in and help as welding shops can charge quite a bit. Other than a CMC yu will most likely just have to trim the flare on the inside at the bottom in the rear of the front wheel well. If you only have stock UCA's when you get an alignment ask for them to move your castor as far forward as they can most likely it won't be more than +2 but this will move your wheel a lttle forward and let you cheat some moore clearance.