2018 T4R Off-road Premium

• HTML tutorial

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

So we traded the JKUHR for the much more civilized RRunner. I can’t tell you how excited we are. Being Jeep people from way back I was hesitant to join the Toyota crowd....... totally worth it!! It’s like driving a Cadillac. Nothing against Jeeps. We’ve owned several, and I will build a trail specific rig someday, but I love the 4Runner. Beaman Toyota in Nashville, Tennessee was the best to deal with in 4 states. Highly recommend them. Obligatory dealer photo....

upload_2018-4-8_19-3-46.jpeg

Reactions: ob4838

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

First mod was getting rid of the stock tires. Discount Tire gave me $50 credit per tire so on went Cooper 255/80r17 ST Maxx including the spare. I’ve done the big tire thing on our Jeeps before and really wanted to try the tall skinny look. This will be a true DD and overland vehicle. The rest of the world uses tall and skinny tires so..... I Absolutely love it. I have ran every tire you can imagine, and I keep coming back to these Coopers. It rains a ton here and to me they are much better than the KO2s in pooling water (hydroplaning). They fit the TRD wheels in spec as a side note (285’s fit fine). Only the slightest rub (like 2mm which will be easily remedied).

upload_2018-4-8_19-11-8.jpeg
upload_2018-4-8_19-11-32.jpeg
upload_2018-4-8_19-12-0.jpeg

Last edited:

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

Next up was window tint. It looks great and is a necessity in the south. Easy enough. Brow strip and all side windows. We left the rear glass factory to aid in night time driving. It looks great to me.
upload_2018-4-8_19-13-58.jpeg

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

Today was LIFT DAY!!! Woohoo! My son is 14 now and this was our first project together. The experience of doing it together was worth the cost of admission. We put on the Icon Stage 2 lift, Icon UCAs, and Toytec transfer case lower kit and bumpstop extension. This thing is super badass. Install went easy enough. Only like 20 miles on it so far, but I can attest to the quality of Icon components.
upload_2018-4-8_19-18-20.jpeg
upload_2018-4-8_19-19-1.jpeg
upload_2018-4-8_19-19-30.jpeg

Attachments

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

Already ordered the bumper and sliders from SSO. They had a free shipping deal going on. 5-6 weeks until they arrive. Also on the Gobi waitlist.....12-16 weeks!! It will be so worth it though. We are headed to Colorado this summer for family vacation. We’ve been traveling and camping our whole lives. Ready to take the kids out west to see what’s out there!

Txdiamond17

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Collierville, Tennessee
Member #

Got an update from SSO. The sliders and bumper are in production. Gotta find a powder coat guy and get it lined up. Also lucked out and found a great old school alignment shop locally. He did a great job. I’m loving the T4R!!