2018 Silverado 1/2 ton

• HTML tutorial

monjorrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

US
Figured I would start a build thread to track my progress with this truck, and have it so people can follow along and give advice and whatnot as they please. Here goes.

2018 double cab Silverado bought new in May of '18. Traded in my bone stock '16 Frontier because I wanted more room for our two dogs and also wanted something with a better tow rating.

Here is the first picture I ever took of her, while getting prepped at the dealership.

So far the mods are as follows:
Leer 100XR camper shell w/ Thule cross bars and Reese roof basket
GM branded rubber bed mat
Custom sleeping platform for bed(frame made from PVC, press board, and a 4" memory foam mattress on top)
WeatherTec floor liners
Neoprene seat covers

I'm currently working on a dual battery setup for charging, running fans & lights, etc. That should be done by Sunday. I've also build a roof top shower out of PVC, but I think I've decided to hold off on mounting it till the weather warms up.

A couple more pics:
Trout fishing on the Caney Fork

Camper top installed

Leaving for a weekend ripping around in the RZR

Roof basket & bike rack installed

Sleeping platform (full write up coming)

Pups enjoying the mountain views on the tailgate

monjorrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

US
Got the dual battery setup installed last night. Took me and a buddy about 2 hours to get it all wired, after messing around with mounting the battery. The battery I decided to use was a tad too tall and I was unable to use the factory hold downs so i did what any good engineer would do. I used a ratchet strap. Its just a temporary solution, but it works for now. The battery isolater got mounted on the inside of the fender right by the battery, and I mounted the fuse panel for all my accessories on top of the truck computer with double sided tape.20181210_133950.jpeg20181210_133041.jpeg20181210_133032.jpeg

AVTA

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Westford, MA
Member #

I like your power setup. Do you have a schematic or diagram of how you wired in the power panel in the back?