TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Sweet! At east you’re progressing. Between my work and my son-in-laws work, progress has been painfully slow. If you don’t mind I’d like to post just one here, since you are our Raptor Guru...
Kinda make it our little Raptor Over Landing thread.
It is coming along. I still want to get the full suspension done, selling some other “toys” to free up the cash!
I would not say I am a guru at all, just trying to improve items that fall short after each trip out until it’s done haha. I do a lot of research and pull from the true gurus on other forums, they make me look good!
I have no problem with you posting anything on here!

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Forgot to ask, how did you get Sasquatch to pose like that? Har, har, har! :tonguewink:

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
What suspension upgrades are you looking at? I just had my shocks rebuilt and replaced the front coils with Geisers and I have Deaver rear leaf springs on the way. I ordered the M45 which replaces the leafs and the stupid block. Will lift 2” in the rear, which works because with shock rebuilds and the Geiser coils, it lifted the front 2”.

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
What suspension upgrades are you looking at? I just had my shocks rebuilt and replaced the front coils with Geisers and I have Deaver rear leaf springs on the way. I ordered the M45 which replaces the leafs and the stupid block. Will lift 2” in the rear, which works because with shock rebuilds and the Geiser coils, it lifted the front 2”.
Option 1 is going to 3” remote reservoir shocks. Really lookinghard at the Icon system with new UCA’s and getting them custom tuned for my use. I already have the Icon rear leaf springs. The sway away shocks from AFE has also caught my attention and I am researching them currently.
Option 2 I am looking at is custom rear leaves tuned for my weight load from Deaver with a rebuild of the stock shocks and geiser springs to replace the current perch collar I have on the front to save some cash.

The full blown 3” with remote reservoirs is what I really want just have to free up the cash!

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Option 1 is going to 3” remote reservoir shocks. Really lookinghard at the Icon system with new UCA’s and getting them custom tuned for my use. I already have the Icon rear leaf springs. The sway away shocks from AFE has also caught my attention and I am researching them currently.
Option 2 I am looking at is custom rear leaves tuned for my weight load from Deaver with a rebuild of the stock shocks and geiser springs to replace the current perch collar I have on the front to save some cash.

The full blown 3” with remote reservoirs is what I really want just have to free up the cash!
I'm just having mine rebuilt, adding flutterstacks, and tuned. No reason to spend 6 grand on 3.0s in my opinion

Reactions: SS308

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
After bolting all that stuff to your truck I doubt you'll be going fast enough to need 3.0s. I bet you'd end up with better results modding the 2.5s than bolting up off the shelf 3.0s.

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
After bolting all that stuff to your truck I doubt you'll be going fast enough to need 3.0s. I bet you'd end up with better results modding the 2.5s than bolting up off the shelf 3.0s.
I would definitely get the 3.0’s tuned to the truck if I went that way as they are traditionally set up for high speed from the factory and I am not running Baja. Although, I am also not crawling the trails in 4 low all the time either, she still stretches her legs every once in a while.

I made an appointment with a local off road suspension shop and we are going to sit down and discuss options, pricing etc… and put a plan in motion, my research only leads me so far. I am calling in the suspension experts to help guide me to the best long term solution!

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
I would definitely get the 3.0’s tuned to the truck if I went that way as they are traditionally set up for high speed from the factory and I am not running Baja. Although, I am also not crawling the trails in 4 low all the time either, she still stretches her legs every once in a while.

I made an appointment with a local off road suspension shop and we are going to sit down and discuss options, pricing etc… and put a plan in motion, my research only leads me so far. I am calling in the suspension experts to help guide me to the best long term solution!
Custom 3.0s will be awesome. Spendy, but awesome. And I think there's close to a year wait from King right now.

Last edited:

Yoye0513

Rank III
Investor

Traveler III

Tracy, California, USA
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Arias
Member #

I figure I should update this build thread:

1.Had a local fabricator make me a set of bolt on Rock sliders.
2. added a Midland MTX275 for Comms.
3. scored an amazing deal on a lightly used ARB fridge and a DFG tilt slide with power run to the bed.
4. Waiting on a rhino rack 270 awning to be delivered this week.

next up is updating suspension as the shocks are going to need a rebuild soon.

Who did you go with the custom fabricators. From what I can find for my truck it’s a place in Sacramento

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Deavers installed yesterday. Wow, what a difference, I'm loving them!
Now to finish my truck rack. Hopefully this weekend?

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Who did you go with the custom fabricators. From what I can find for my truck it’s a place in Sacramento
Local company here in Albuquerque, adaptive vehicle solutions. (AVS) Dom that owns it does a great job fabricating. He did a set for my buddies Power wagon also. I can DM you contact info if you would like?

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Any updates? Looks like I'll have my rack completed this week...:yum:

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
No updates as of now. Just got back from 2 weeks of work travel and getting ready to hit the road again. Hoping to have the shocks done this month but looking unlikely due to travel.
Post some pics of the rack once it’s on!