2018 Ram Rebel 1500

• HTML tutorial

STINGN

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

Not new to overloading. I have owned a 1998 Range Rover as my first vehicle that I did some trips with and had minor protection on it (skids and rock sliders). Then I had a 2003 Jeep Liberty that had a 4" lift, ARB bumper, lockers, winch, custom roof rack, Tepui tent and rock sliders, that was a fun vehicle.

But I have since moved on to something with a warranty and payments as well:tearsofjoy:

So far I have done a few things here and there; rock sliders from WhiteKnuckle Offroad were the first purchase, then a bed rack by RCI Metalworks. I also have some miscellaneous things that I needed for living in Phoenix (TINT).

Here is a photo of my Ram on day one with my Jeep as well when I was deciding to add a V8 to it and maybe a SFA swap as well for a full on trail rig.
IMG_0586.jpegIMG_0589.jpeg

STINGN

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Flagstaff, AZ
Member #

Here are updated of what I have done

First thing I did was added a tint and did a line-x bedliner.

IMG_0739.jpeg

Then the next thing I did was added White Knuckle Rocksliders...I did not want to take any risk ruining my rocker panels
IMG_1549.jpeg IMG_1552.jpeg IMG_1583.jpeg

I then recently got my bedrack from RCI Metalworks. I went with theirs since I wanted a lower RTT mounting option that would not cause a lot of road noise and destroy my gas millage.
IMG_1719.jpeg IMG_1726.jpeg IMG_1725.jpeg IMG_1739.jpeg IMG_1740.jpeg

More to come. I will soon be adding my Maxtrax, Rotopax, Hi-Lift and Shovel on the bedrack. Most likely mounting the Maxtrax and Rotopax on the exterior of the bedrack frame and the Hi-Lift and the shovel on the inside of the rack. Looking to also make a custom piece that comes down from my bedrack to my tailgate to more so cover the interior of the bed if I am somewhere I don't want my larger items to be taken out. I also have a 3rd brake light that I will be adding to the back of the bed rack so people in Phoenix don't rear end me!

- Steve

AnywhereInTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
Looks good and loving those rock sliders. Jealous your Ram has a locking diff. One day I'll have one, don't know if it will be a Ram or not though after the GM Duramax news today.

Contributor I

Edmonton, Alberta Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
Silvestri
Looks awesome... always been a RAM guy, and looking to upgrade my ride. Just starting to get into the Overlanding lifestyle (vicariously through others at this point). That setup you have above looks awesome. Having young kids and a dog, I think I'd look for Rock sliders with a platform for stepping, but other than that... I absolutely love you Bedrack... She's a beaut

Wjm1776

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fox Valley, WI
First Name
Will
Last Name
Mick
If you did the rock slider installation yourself, how difficult was it? Bolt right in with factory rail holes or did you have to drill? Thanks.

Bobo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area
Member #

Looks good. Eventually going to do some mods to my 2017 Ram Big Horn. Just waiting for more $$$ (lotto numbers haven’t come up yet, [emoji53]).