Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
Hi everyone. I'm new to overlanding and am planning to drive to Expo East from Richmond, VA. Right now I'm not sure if I will be there on Thurs or Friday, but I will be there. I'm really looking forward to it and yes @outwardbound , I am overwhelmed!

outwardbound

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mascoutah, IL
Member #

Hi everyone. I'm new to overlanding and am planning to drive to Expo East from Richmond, VA. Right now I'm not sure if I will be there on Thurs or Friday, but I will be there. I'm really looking forward to it and yes @outwardbound , I am overwhelmed!
Glad to hear it. I like Richmond. That area, actually a bit south of it, is on the retirement location list.

It's ok to be overwhelmed, I'm going to try and ensure my pocketbook doesn't get overwhelmed.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

There will be a group of us camping on site, be sure to swing by and say hello! Look for the OB Base Camp flag.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
What’s everyone using for communication on this convoy ???
I posted it in the Rally Point but I will add it here as well. I just used the OB comm info that was more recently posted.

CB 16
GMRS 15

I’ll be on both.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I am running both but if anyone needs a GMRS Handheld I keep a couple extra in the truck that we can hand out at the restaurant
I'll have 2 GMRS handhelds that people can borrow with me as well.

Reactions: dziner and SCtundra

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
As ridicules as the law is; you should make sure anyone using your GMRS radio knows, that legally, a license is required for anyone other than the licensees and their immediate family members to use the radios. I recognize that the likely event of the FCC enforcing this rule is almost zero. I would suggest, they at least know about the law. With that said, I loan out radios all the time also.

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

As ridicules as the law is; you should make sure anyone using your GMRS radio knows, that legally, a license is required for anyone other than the licensees and their immediate family members to use the radios. I recognize that the likely event of the FCC enforcing this rule is almost zero. I would suggest, they at least know about the law. With that said, I loan out radios all the time also.
Good point. I know both Wawa and I set up are licensed but good to know for others.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

dziner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Do you know if dogs are allowed at the expo
Yep. Which is actually why I sold my motorcycle and bought my Tacoma. My first time at Expo East I was on my BMW F650GS. I came home, sold my bike and traded my car on the Tacoma so that I can travel with my pup. He's now been to Expo East and West. Just gotta make sure there are on a leash. Common sense stuff.

quadabaum

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgia USA
Member #

Anyone have info on a place to camp outside of Expo? I am thinking of hitting the GA Traverse on my way up from Macon and just camping outside of expo and taking the shuttle in to save some money.