Launch Member

Contributor I

Landurm, SC
First Name
Adam
Last Name
J
Member #

What rear bumper is that and how much are they? Why didn't you get the tire hanger on that as well?

Adlerk00

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Adler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Adler
Expedition One. It was around $1000. I was actually rear ended the first week I bought it and I just told him to buy and ship me the bumper rather then going through insurance. I regret not getting one but can always just a hitch carrier.

Hesko

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Landurm, SC
First Name
Adam
Last Name
J
Member #

Expedition One. It was around $1000. I was actually rear ended the first week I bought it and I just told him to buy and ship me the bumper rather then going through insurance. I regret not getting one but can always just a hitch carrier.
Thanks, man those look amazing, around 2500 for the rear bumper with a tire holder, that is a bit steep. I will also have to consider install cost as I don't have the expertise to do such a job. I appreciate the feed back and turning me on to that company.

Adlerk00

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Adler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Adler
Looks like a really clean build, what are your next plans?
Rear hatch ladder is on so I feel the outside is complete. Probably start working on storage area in back to be more organized... or sell it for a Tacoma...

Reactions: Marman

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
... or sell it for a Tacoma...
LOL I am looking at either a 4Runner or a Tacoma (Have a Jeep that I will keep as well). The only thing is I think a 4Runner would be better for me with my plans, looking for a vehicle that I can travel in and set-up to sleep in as well. Not a big fan of RTT.

Hesko

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Landurm, SC
First Name
Adam
Last Name
J
Member #

Why would a Tacoma be any better or worse than the 4runner? I am 6'4 and every time I sit in a Tacoma my back breaks. Not that a 4runner is much better, hopefully, the next generations have wider seats as I have broad shoulders.

Adlerk00

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Adler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Adler
That’s why I bought the 4Runner, I fit. I’m an inch shorter then you and have a pretty large frame as well. I basically just want a Tacoma for the gofastcamper set up. I put the 4Runner up for sale at a little higher of a price. If someone bites I’ll let it go

Hesko

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Landurm, SC
First Name
Adam
Last Name
J
Member #

Yeah I daily like 100 miles a day, don't know how the camper rig would do lol. I also have 5 kids so any camper set up would look like a korean war ambulance.