2017 Wrx Re-Build

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

New member here!
This is my first time posting, even though it’s a little different. I know there are lots of Subaru lovers here in this community and I just thought I would share! I’m currently in college in Kansas City Missouri, I am getting my second associates degree except this one is to be a lineman!
I currently do not have a overland vehicle at this time due to insufficient funds and lack of practical use. I live 40 minutes from the city and I work a part time job 25-30 hours a week and go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I make 5-6 trips to the city and back a week so that’s a lot of driving. That’s just a little back story for you.
I picked up a 2017 Subaru Wrx limited with 45,xxx miles last week in Des Moines, Iowa from a Copart auction. This is not my first salvage auction buy, I currently drive a 2012 Infiniti G37 that I purchased totaled and had it rebuilt for $3,500-$4,000. Anyways this car is any great shape besides the front end. I dropped it off at the body shop last Friday so I’m waiting to hear back for an estimate. I will keep you guys posted, I like to hear everyone else’s stories so I figured at least someone would enjoy mine. Oh and btw I purchased the car for $7,700.
IMG_3199.JPGIMG_3201.JPGIMG_3198.JPGIMG_3200.JPGIMG_3053.JPG

Reactions: OverlandN00b

OverlandN00b

Rank 0

Traveler I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McLean
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VEQ
Good luck with the build man. I'm close to putting Forrester XT strut tower assemblies and mild spacers to increase ride height and spring perch location on my 2009 WRX wagon. Now if I could just afford 5 Method Racing wheels...

Reactions: OverlandBrennen

Enthusiast I

Good luck with the build man. I'm close to putting Forrester XT strut tower assemblies and mild spacers to increase ride height and spring perch location on my 2009 WRX wagon. Now if I could just afford 5 Method Racing wheels...
That would be nice, how much taller of a ride height would you achieve in doing so? The wheels on mine are off a Sti even though it’s just a base

OverlandN00b

Rank 0

Traveler I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
McLean
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4VEQ
About 3 to 3.5 inch lift gained by using those struts with a 1/2 spacer up front and 1 inch in the rear. Sitting on full bushing kit made of polyurethane to replace all the rubber bits underneath. Hoping she'll ride like new once I get the suspension addressed.