2017 Tundra SR5 Build

• HTML tutorial

Paradox732

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntersville, NC, USA
Member #

Had this rig since October. Specifically bought the double cab for the purpose of camping in the back. Built up a sleeping platform with storage underneath. Here's how it looks, took it to Moab a couple weeks ago and worked out great!

Lift is next, Toytec/Radflo coilovers and was thinking bilstein 5160s in the rear.

I was also thinking of switching the 18" TRD for the 17" rock warrior. I hear they can fit larger tires a little better do to the offset is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Art

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Woodinville, WA
Member #

Had this rig since October. Specifically bought the double cab for the purpose of camping in the back. Built up a sleeping platform with storage underneath. Here's how it looks, took it to Moab a couple weeks ago and worked out great!

Lift is next, Toytec/Radflo coilovers and was thinking bilstein 5160s in the rear.

I was also thinking of switching the 18" TRD for the 17" rock warrior. I hear they can fit larger tires a little better do to the offset is that true?
Great looking start! If you like that setup you should definitely look at building some drawers for the bottom for ease of organization but love the start!

As for the wheels I personally love the 17" rock warriors and have some friends who have a ton of crawling experience that went with those wheels. I wish they came in a 6 lug so they would fit my 4Runner.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

I'll be keeping tabs on this.. Maybe we can share info.. I have a '16 SR5 dual cab.. getting ready to start with the changes.. As it sets now, it has 255/75/18's on it.. I'm considering stepping up to 275/70/18 Cooper ST Maxx..Haven't decided on a wheel yet. I have the stock steel with hub caps..I got the bed LineX'd and have been trying to figure if I want a cap or not.. I'm thinking no, so that way I have better visability off road..I also plan on getting Bilsteins all the way around. Do you use your bed track rail for many items? I don't have that but have thought of getting it..

Paradox732

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntersville, NC, USA
Member #

I'll be keeping tabs on this.. Maybe we can share info.. I have a '16 SR5 dual cab.. getting ready to start with the changes.. As it sets now, it has 255/75/18's on it.. I'm considering stepping up to 275/70/18 Cooper ST Maxx..Haven't decided on a wheel yet. I have the stock steel with hub caps..I got the bed LineX'd and have been trying to figure if I want a cap or not.. I'm thinking no, so that way I have better visability off road..I also plan on getting Bilsteins all the way around. Do you use your bed track rail for many items? I don't have that but have thought of getting it..
I've used it a few times for the tie down cleats. It's also what I have my softopper mounted too as well. I would get the rails, they are pretty affordable and useful.

Paradox732

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntersville, NC, USA
Member #

I want to step my tires up to 295's they should clear with a 3" lift as long as I have the correct offset on the wheels. Line-X will be come soon. I tore the bed up a little with that platform.

Paradox732

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntersville, NC, USA
Member #

Bit of an update. Finally got my lift on. Went with the Toytec/Radflow performance 3in lift and SPC UCA's. I have to say the new suspension rides very nice and handled the trails yesterday like a champ. Can't wait to get it to Utah.

Attachments

Reactions: Levidale

Levidale

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Gardendale Texas
Member #

Looks great! I got a trd pro and I've been wanting to go with the rock warrior rim too but there pricey. The pro rim are like what you got on but all black. They've grown on me now I think I'll keep them.

Paradox732

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Huntersville, NC, USA
Member #

Looks great! I got a trd pro and I've been wanting to go with the rock warrior rim too but there pricey. The pro rim are like what you got on but all black. They've grown on me now I think I'll keep them.
I was thinking of powder coating mine. I have a set of TRD Pro center caps sitting on my nightstand. I guess they would be TRD Faux but still the exact same spec.