2017 Rubicon Recon

• HTML tutorial

Bulldog22

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lafayette, Louisiana 70503
Member #

I bought a 2017 Rubicon Recon 2 months ago. I wanted to get one before the 18s came out. Not too sure if I will like the 18. So far, BFG AT KO 35" Tires, 1,5" spacers, 9500# winch, Maximus 3 Stinger, Superchip cal and Dirty Acres Grill Insert. Next will be the DV8 steel fenders. I don't tnink I want to lift it. The fenders should give me wheel clearance. I will probably add some more skid plates at some point. Anyone else working on a Recon Edition? How do you like them so far? 1st pic is new and untouched. The next two are after two months and too much money :)NEW.JPG 35s2.JPG 35s.JPG

Reactions: Budman and Jimmy P

Rillo16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Auburn, Washington
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cabanas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ZOJ
Coming along nice! How did you do your hoist for the top? Thinking of doing something similar for my RTT.

Bulldog22

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Coming along nice! How did you do your hoist for the top? Thinking of doing something similar for my RTT.
Thanks. THere is so much I need to do, but everything is exspensive and my wife has a 15 GT mustang and she gets to mod hers twice for every one thing I do. (gotta keep her happy) I bought a Harkin Hoist. It was about $145 and free shipping. Fairly easy to install. I also went to lowes and made my own door hangers. If you look at pic two in the upper right corner, you can see one of them. Basically 2x6s bolted to the studs in the wall and two hangers per door. Works great and didn't break the bank.

Rillo16

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Auburn, Washington
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Cabanas
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7ZOJ
Haha the financial manager always gets the say :tearsofjoy: but thanks i will definitely look into that, hate having stuff on the floor. I'm sure this rig is going to come out nice.

Bulldog22

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Installed my DV8 slim fenders and inner fenders last weekend. We ramped it after that. I am planning a Moab trip next spring. I should be ok for this one. I may put a 1 inch leveling kit after depending on my clearance for this trip. I am still debating on a skid plate system prior to going.IMG_1001.JPG IMG_1002.JPG IMG_1004.JPG IMG_1005.JPG id plate system prior to going.

Reactions: Jimmy P