Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hollister CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gularte
Member #

Hi all. I am new to overlanding but not to camping. Starting a build with my Ram. There is still lots of equipment I will be adding but that will take some time. The suspension, drivetrain and performance is stock. Love the air suspension but unsure how it will fair off-road. Looking forward to this summer!

2017 Ram Rebel
A.R.E Topper
Bedrug
Decked Bed storage
Yakima Topper tracks
Rhino Rack 49x60 pioneer platform
Rhino Rack RTL600 legs w/5mm spacers
Rhino Rack Batwing 270. 8ft

Post you Ram pics. Would like to see everybody else’s trucks.

IMG_0732.JPGIMG_0735.JPG

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I always wondered about the air suspension too... i had a blacked out a normal 17 quad cab ram 1500. Looked the rebel and thought about it. But went with the coil over and put a 3 inch lift on it and 33” tires and it did really well off road! Was wrecked last fall. Put it back together was never the same so it was sold. But always loved the rebel look! Always would worry about flexing an how long that air stuff would work... on the semi air suspension was awesome but also a road queen. Over flexing those air bags would probably be just as bad

t_real

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia
First Name
T
Last Name
M
What kind of MPG do you get in your rebel? I had looked at them, but saw reports that they weren't getting anywhere near the 22 hwy they claimed. Some people said the engines take a while to break in before the mpg improves, but it was sketchy enough to turn me off of them. Good looking truck though!

-Yeti-

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4MAL
What kind of MPG do you get in your rebel? I had looked at them, but saw reports that they weren't getting anywhere near the 22 hwy they claimed. Some people said the engines take a while to break in before the mpg improves, but it was sketchy enough to turn me off of them. Good looking truck though!
My average is 14 MPG geared up and mostly off road. That break-in thing is a myth.
1559740257895.jpeg

Ram Rebel Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Denver, CO
First Name
Arin
Last Name
Hanohano
Member #

Yeah I concur with Yeti. I average about 13-14mpg with the roof rack, Leitner, and tent on top. I shoulda bought a Tesla [emoji12]

Reactions: t_real

RebelJoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hollister CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gularte
Member #

IMG_0819.JPGIMG_0804.JPGIMG_0817.JPG I’ve added a few things sense my last post.

-6” Rod Pod
-Hi-Lift jack
-42” rear facing led light bar
-7” Round leds (4)
-AEV’s Ram Aux switch panel

Reactions: Mekcanix and BJ_OTR

Wjm1776

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fox Valley, WI
First Name
Will
Last Name
Mick
Hi all. I am new to overlanding but not to camping. Starting a build with my Ram. There is still lots of equipment I will be adding but that will take some time. The suspension, drivetrain and performance is stock. Love the air suspension but unsure how it will fair off-road. Looking forward to this summer!

2017 Ram Rebel
A.R.E Topper
Bedrug
Decked Bed storage
Yakima Topper tracks
Rhino Rack 49x60 pioneer platform
Rhino Rack RTL600 legs w/5mm spacers
Rhino Rack Batwing 270. 8ft

Post you Ram pics. Would like to see everybody else’s trucks.

View attachment 96763View attachment 96764
Is that the ARE Overland model topper? If so how do you like it? Any issues with it supporting a RTT? Thanks!

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

If your air suspension got damaged, can the truck still operate or are you stuck? I've heard they won't go anywhere if the air suspension is damaged but don't know if that's true.

We prefer setting up the tent based on the trailer so that the truck is light for day trips, grocery runs, etc. but since it was actually designed for trucks, it works either way.20191027_085431_HDR.jpeg20191227_172716.jpeg20190525_192756.jpeg

RebelJoe

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hollister CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Gularte
Member #

Is that the ARE Overland model topper? If so how do you like it? Any issues with it supporting a RTT? Thanks!
It is the A.R.E Overland cap. It’s a good cap, very happy with it. I am not sure if it can support a RTT with people in it. I think the load limit was 750lbs on the factory installed roof rails.