2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon "Snow"

• HTML tutorial

Nick Abdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Anaheim Hills, CA
Member #

I've been a member on this forum for a little while but I've just recently traded in my 2016 Tacoma for a 2017 Jeep Rubicon seeing as this will be my overland rig and daily driver for the next 10+ years I decided to start my first build thread.

Armor:
-Factory rubi rails
-Barricade Adventure HD front bumper

Exterior:
-Short antenna

Interior:
-Mopar all weather floor mats

Lighting:
-LED halo headlights/fogs
-LED taillights

Misc:
-Vacuum pump relocation

The day I brought her home:
IMG_0604.JPG

Two days later:
IMG_0612.JPG

Last edited:

Nick Abdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Anaheim Hills, CA
Member #

So, what are your plans? Looks like a nice stout front bumper.
Ohh man got too many plans not enough money. Next thing will be a set of sliders(the rubicon model comes with sliders but they only provide protection from underneath). Suspension, 35" tires, rear bumper, roof rack for my tent, lights, onboard air, a whole bunch of cosmetic stuff, the list never ends

ttephotos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Izmir, Turkey
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Heck ya bud, right there with you. Got my 17' Big Bear in last month and am already mounting a roof tent, rack, and swaping bumpers by end of this month! As a heads up on racks, the Front Runner is nice and what I am going with but I can't say I love the look. Gobi would be wonderful but they take some time. RhinoRack/Maximus3/AEV (all the same) Offer the best look I think but they don't have as much real estate! Good luck on the build, looking forward to seeing both our jeeps change!

Reactions: Budman

Nick Abdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Anaheim Hills, CA
Member #

Heck ya bud, right there with you. Got my 17' Big Bear in last month and am already mounting a roof tent, rack, and swaping bumpers by end of this month! As a heads up on racks, the Front Runner is nice and what I am going with but I can't say I love the look. Gobi would be wonderful but they take some time. RhinoRack/Maximus3/AEV (all the same) Offer the best look I think but they don't have as much real estate! Good luck on the build, looking forward to seeing both our jeeps change!
Awesome man, these Jeeps can really do some work off road. I've actually decided on the Gobi I'm just waiting for Black Friday to get a good deal. What bumpers are you planning on going with? Send me a link to your build page so I can follow along and congrats on your new Jeep.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

I'm surprised you didn't have the Maximus 3 steel bumpers (at least doesn't look that way). That was one reason I liked the rubi, in addition to the heavier axles, electronic axle lock, and electronic sway bar disconnect.

My sliders offered some side protection as well. I've got the hard rock though, so maybe some of that was part of that package. Looking forward to your build.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Nick Abdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Anaheim Hills, CA
Member #

I'm surprised you didn't have the Maximus 3 steel bumpers (at least doesn't look that way). That was one reason I liked the rubi, in addition to the heavier axles, electronic axle lock, and electronic sway bar disconnect.

My sliders offered some side protection as well. I've got the hard rock though, so maybe some of that was part of that package. Looking forward to your build.

I wish I could've afforded the hard rock or Recon as it's called now. The steel bumpers are exclusive to the hard rock version of the Rubicon. I still get the rubi rails but I need something that sticks out a little more for added protection.

Reactions: Edward Gentle

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

I wish I could've afforded the hard rock or Recon as it's called now. The steel bumpers are exclusive to the hard rock version of the Rubicon. I still get the rubi rails but I need something that sticks out a little more for added protection.
Looks like the hard rock also upgraded to the tube sliders. Barricade makes some that look pretty similar to what I've got. https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-enhanced-rubi-rail-jk-j100746.html

You might also check out rubitrux. They have a lot of oem takeoff parts: hoods, doors, tops, bumpers, etc.

Nick Abdo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Anaheim Hills, CA
Member #

Looks like the hard rock also upgraded to the tube sliders. Barricade makes some that look pretty similar to what I've got. https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-enhanced-rubi-rail-jk-j100746.html

You might also check out rubitrux. They have a lot of oem takeoff parts: hoods, doors, tops, bumpers, etc.

Barricade has some sliders that work with the factory rubi rails, that'll probably be my next mod. I could really use a hardtop too so I'll check out rubitrux and see if get lucky. Thanks for that suggestion.

Jeff Tyson

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Barricade has some sliders that work with the factory rubi rails, that'll probably be my next mod. I could really use a hardtop too so I'll check out rubitrux and see if get lucky. Thanks for that suggestion.
I personally have a thing for the fast back hard top, but those are pricey. I'll never get one because it loses cargo space and is pricey, but they do look good.

Chuck Marshall

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

4 CLOE CT Sacramento, ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Marshall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6RTN
Nice jeep, wish I could get me something like that. But with retirement looming (14 days) I just can't take the leap.
I get retirement can be a bit scary. I waited six years and decided I wasn't getting any younger so I dove in and got my Rubicon Hard Rock. I'd always wanted a jeep so I could go off the hardtop.
Hopefully when you get into retirement a jeep will work itself into your plans.

Reactions: Edward Gentle

Edward Gentle

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Huntsville Al
Member #

I get retirement can be a bit scary. I waited six years and decided I wasn't getting any younger so I dove in and got my Rubicon Hard Rock. I'd always wanted a jeep so I could go off the hardtop.
Hopefully when you get into retirement a jeep will work itself into your plans.
Yeah I'm thinking after it's final and a little time goes by I can get something. Just at this point, like you said, it's scary.