Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I figured it was time to start a thread, mainly so I can ask everyone's advice as I build up haha. Pretty much all stock as of right now except for a 2.5" leveling kit. I think I regret not going for the 3" lift though. Oh well. Hoping to get bigger tires towards the end of this year. Just bought the trailer and RTT.

Definitely looking for more Silverado OB members out there to bounce ideas off of for the full size rigs

Attachments

Reactions: Mekcanix

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Nice rig! Tons of mods. Do you by chance any kind of lift or leveling? I know the HD's are usually siting a little higher anyways
Thanks! It came with a 3” lift stock from what I recall. Can’t going any higher. My wife is 5’1” and it’s plenty high for her already lol. [emoji8]

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Thanks! It came with a 3” lift stock from what I recall. Can’t going any higher. My wife is 5’1” and it’s plenty high for her already lol. [emoji8]
Nice, too bad you're back out in CA. I moved from Burbank to Charlotte about 18 months ago

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Nice, too bad you're back out in CA. I moved from Burbank to Charlotte about 18 months ago
That must have been a culture shock. I could image however that Charlotte has more wide open country? Good places for overlanding.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

That must have been a culture shock. I could image however that Charlotte has more wide open country? Good places for overlanding.
Actually for what I want to do with overlanding...which is basically just exploring the backcountry on dirt roads, the West Coast is the best place with all the BLM land in CA, OR, NV, AZ & Utah.

Reactions: RoarinRow

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Actually for what I want to do with overlanding...which is basically just exploring the backcountry on dirt roads, the West Coast is the best place with all the BLM land in CA, OR, NV, AZ & Utah.
Hope you find something out there. If not, you've got a nice rig to do whatever you want :)

Reactions: JButtress

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Hope you find something out there. If not, you've got a nice rig to do whatever you want :)
Yea there's definitely plenty of stuff to find. I'm going up into the Linville Gorge this weekend for a quick overnight with the new trailer. Only a 13 mile trail but should have some good views and will be a perfect first run with the trailer

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Build update. After a few trips with the trailer, I decided to sell it. With my limited experience pulling a trailer, and tight trails here in NC, I found that I was always worried about getting down a road with a dead end and turning around being a complete nightmare. With that said, I finally updated the tires and rims. Went with BFGoodrich KO2's 275/70/18.

Also I have ordered a KB VooDoo bed rack that should show up next week, and a Hi Vis Overland Crag2 Extended Rooftop tent.

For Comms, I decided to go with the Midland MXT275 GMRS radio, I liked this one because all of the controls are on the handheld so that I can mount the base unit under my seat out of view. I also ordered 2 portable handheld Midland GXT GMRS radios

Attachments

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Well here's another update. Got the KB VooDoo bed rack and Hi Vis Overland Crag2 RTT up on the Truck. Install was a bit more tedious on the rack than expected but we got it up there. If you haven't checked out Hi Vis Overland, you definitely should. Based out of York, SC. Brad the owner is awesome, and is the one who helped me put the rack on when coming to pick up the tent.

Attachments

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I've ordered my Decked system for the bed of the truck, this arrives today. Excited to put it together and add it to the truck

Crowley34

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Selma, NC, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Crowley
Member #

I like the setup man. Let me know how you like the decked system, I have been looking into one for a while now but can't bring myself to pull the trigger.

Z714XPLOR

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

Orange County, California
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Vazquez
Member #

My Silverado is leveled with 285/70 R17s since I got it in 2017. Planning on installing a 3 or 4 inch lift since leveled truck rubs a bit. Will post pictures once I get this build going in October 2019.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

My Silverado is leveled with 285/70 R17s since I got it in 2017. Planning on installing a 3 or 4 inch lift since leveled truck rubs a bit. Will post pictures once I get this build going in October 2019.
I thought about doing a bigger lift, but didn’t want to be even more top even than I already am

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Well I have another update. I wanted a quicker set up & take down time for my tent, so I've bought a Roam Adventure Co. Rambler hard shell tent. Set up is about 45 seconds, and take down in about 2-3 mins. Looking forward to taking it out on a trip next weekend

Attachments