2016 Toyota Tundra Multi Phase Build

• HTML tutorial

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Finally talked the wife into letting me move forward on the next purchase for the truck! just ordered Nitro 4.88 gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers and EBC Front Drilled and slotted Rotors w/ Yellow Stuff pads all around!

Should have every thing on the truck before heading down to EXPO EAST!
Wow, most excellent and approved by the CFO to boot. Good stuff. My ADS shocks and MCM Fab UCA's showed up yesterday. Once the temperatures cool down a bit (middle of September I figure) it will be time to start actually bolting all these goodies on. I'm having a heckuva time trying to find a decent rear bumper with a tire carrier on it though. I've looked at the Hitchgate, but it require 4" space behind the receiver and I want to keep my stock spare there (and add a second to the bumper) so I don't think that will work) Have you been considering any sort of rear bumper with tire carrier option?

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

I bet you are itching to put everything on now! I have a big patience problem lol from everything that I have researched they do not make a rear bumper with a tire gate for the tundra like they do for the tacomas and 4runners. I have looked at the Hitch Gate but to your point I can't stand how low it sits and the gapping between the tire and the bumper.

I am planning on talking with CBI at overland expo next month about making a custom one....if they say no I will have the shop that I work with mock one up.

I think the issue is there has not been enough demand in the overland scene for the full size trucks.

Reactions: KY_Catfish

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

I bought my high lift mounts threw All Pro...unfortunately they only make sliders and the rat pack for the Tundra.

I'll keep you all up to date on what I find out from CBI.

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I bet you are itching to put everything on now! I have a big patience problem lol from everything that I have researched they do not make a rear bumper with a tire gate for the tundra like they do for the tacomas and 4runners. I have looked at the Hitch Gate but to your point I can't stand how low it sits and the gapping between the tire and the bumper.

I am planning on talking with CBI at overland expo next month about making a custom one....if they say no I will have the shop that I work with mock one up.

I think the issue is there has not been enough demand in the overland scene for the full size trucks.
I've seen a few Tundra's rolling around with swing out tire carrier rear bumpers. Never look at em too close to see who made them but they are out there.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I'll have to do a bit more research everyone that I have seen with the actual rear bumper have been one off custom pieces.
Are you familiar with a P & P Engineering? I was googling around and found that they claim to make a 3rd Gen rear bumper with dual swing outs, in steel and aluminum. Looks interesting, but I'm not familiar with them at all.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Are you familiar with a P & P Engineering? I was googling around and found that they claim to make a 3rd Gen rear bumper with dual swing outs, in steel and aluminum. Looks interesting, but I'm not familiar with them at all.

A picture I found.

Reactions: XNOMVDX

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

Love that Exp One bumper! I think that is a very new offering from them. That was not available not too long ago. I visit their site pretty frequently. Think that will be the one I go with... along with their front bumper.

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

Got my work cut out for me...bought 2 yellow top Optimas and the National Luna dual battery system as well as the sPod SE touch screen device to install. Then comes my aFe CAI...or maybe I'll do that first since that will be easier.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Very Nice! Where are you putting the second battery? Spod is a great system, what are you running through it?

Do the CAI first! Always nice to get a mod done!

OilSlik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Traverse City, MI
Member #

Well...I did some measurements and I think I can place them both in the original battery location. Ruff Stuff makes a dual battery holder that measures 15"x10". So think I can bolt that down in that spot. If not... it'll likely go in bed in the back.

sPod will be for several new roof rack lights and eventual ARB compressor and locking diff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app