Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

How many folks would be interested in this. We did one this past fall and it was a blast. I want to see how many folks are interested in doing this in the spring before I go into planning mode.

WUzombies

Rank V
Launch Member
Supporter

Advocate II

Central Texas
Member #

I'm interested but would need to know the dates to have a firm idea if I could attend. It's wedding season and although I stopped offering wedding photography services due to time issues, I still have a number of them on the books to finish up.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Right now we are planning for a weekend in April. I am looking at accommodations as the one we used previously is no longer a valid option.

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I'm in, Im military so I sometimes lose weekends without much notice, but I'll bring the two sons and we'll come out if at all possible.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

It's either going to be the first or second weekend of April. Still not sure about where to camp yet but working it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
It's either going to be the first or second weekend of April. Still not sure about where to camp yet but working it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
8-9 is better for me, but I'll try to work it out either way

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I posted the below info regarding this trip in another forum I frequent.

Ok. So. Spring is tough for everyone, I understand that. I propose we keep this thing very informal.
Dates: Weekend of April 9th (Sat)
Where: Hill Country, No set route, I have uploaded a good map of public back-roads and we can use that to explore.
Camp: TBD Although, I'm inclined to just say camp where you want. (I will probably camp SLRSP friday night. Not sure about Saturday)

My initial thought is we find somewhere to gather and camp friday night (SLRSP?). We hit the hill country on Saturday and drive around / explore all day ending somewhere near Marble Falls so that any folks can camp at Hidden Falls and wheel all day Sunday or even just head home afterwards on Saturday. That seems pretty informal and flexible to fit a wide range of schedules / preferences while ensuring some fun and laughs together.

Who wants in on this?

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I created an event in the Texas Overland facebook group but wanted to quick update. Still planning on doing this trip the weekend of April 9. It's going to be pretty relaxed. Lots of driving. And a general good time.

Reactions: Lars

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Not sure what IIRC is. I, personally, am planning to camp at the Llano River crossing by James River on Friday night before heading the rest of the way out to Junction, which is our meet up spot, on Saturday morning. We will drive the length of back roads out to 71 in the Marble falls area and disperse. Some will probably camp at Hidden Falls and wheel Sunday. I am going home because we have family coming into town Sunday.