Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

So, after much consideration, I have decided to take my 2001 XJ Cherokee out of the lineup and expand the fleet. The XJ has been a fantastic rig, but after a hard 16 years of ownership, she needs a rest from adventure duties. Enter “Hank McCoy”
IMG_1043.jpg
IMG_1044.jpg
IMG_1048.jpg
Stock except the shell, front lights, minimal tint and 35” BFG ATs.
The plans for this rig are minimal (famous last words). I will do my best to document in this thread.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
So, after much consideration, I have decided to take my 2001 XJ Cherokee out of the lineup and expand the fleet. The XJ has been a fantastic rig, but after a hard 16 years of ownership, she needs a rest from adventure duties. Enter “Hank McCoy”
View attachment 97812
View attachment 97814
View attachment 97816
Stock except the shell, front lights, minimal tint and 35” BFG ATs.
The plans for this rig are minimal (famous last words). I will do my best to document in this thread.
Oh Yeah.....I'm liking Hank already, but I may be biased.

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

Thank you neighbor to the north. I could see how you might be biased. Did you ever decide between the truck vault or decked system? I’ve considering those as well.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Thank you neighbor to the north. I could see how you might be biased. Did you ever decide between the truck vault or decked system? I’ve considering those as well.
Your welcome. I just can't convince myself that the Decked system is really worth the cost. A lot of money for a giant piece of Tupperware. I think I will contract a local cabinet builder to make me a drawer system and then have it lined.

Reactions: Desert Runner

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
I love me some Power Wagon sexiness. Watching this thread and looking forward to more!

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

It will be a slow process. Considering bed storage options. Lights. Possibly upgrading the Uconnect for CarPlay. Lights. Getting rid of all the chrome and badges. We don’t need no stinking badges. Darker tint. Lights. Sliders, likely white knuckle. Maybe bumpers. Might upgrade some lights.

Reactions: JeepWave

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Your welcome. I just can't convince myself that the Decked system is really worth the cost. A lot of money for a giant piece of Tupperware. I think I will contract a local cabinet builder to make me a drawer system and then have it lined.
If you go that route, paint it, and put a marine varnish on it before you install. Especially in the rainy NW.:grinning: That is if it is not under a cap.

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

Totally forgot to update this. So I solved the drawer issue for now. Located and purchased a used Decked system off Facebook Marketplace. Had to modify to fit the PW as it was for a F350, but works good. Didn’t take a picture after install. It’s a Decked drawer system, we all know what they look like.

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

Also, White Knuckle sliders ordered. Should have them by the end of the month. Probably not before the GCNP trip though.

303JETSET

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Totten
Member #

WK sliders installed. Decked sold. Bedslide installed. The decked took up too much space and encouraged me to carry too much all the time. Bedslide allows to still use as a truck and throw the bins I need in when I need them.