Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

More mods coming soon! Order today we're the kargo master hinge steps and teraflex outback springs. In addition I just received a CB and rear splash guards in the mail from another forum member. Those will go on Sunday. GMRS radio is in the near future (just got my license) in addition to ham, taking my test on the 28th. Thinking a yaseau 7900 , any suggestions? Stay tuned!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
taking my test on the 28th. Thinking a yaseau 7900 , any suggestions? Stay tuned!
It's quite a bit more $$$ (~$560 vs ~$280 for the Yaesu 7900), but take a look at the Kenwood TM-D710GA as well. It has built-in GPS and APRS for real time location pings and text messaging, cross band repeat, a built in digipeater for data connections, and a direct connection to a PC if you desire. I think that's gonna be my next radio, it seems perfectly aligned with all the uses cases one would have with wilderness exploration and travel

Reactions: cody_roberts

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

It's quite a bit more $$$ (~$560 vs ~$280 for the Yaesu 7900), but take a look at the Kenwood TM-D710GA as well. It has built-in GPS and APRS for real time location pings and text messaging, cross band repeat, a built in digipeater for data connections, and a direct connection to a PC if you desire. I think that's gonna be my next radio, it seems perfectly aligned with all the uses cases one would have with wilderness exploration and travel
Great , I will take a look. I don't mind spending the money for a better piece of kit , especially something that could be critical.

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

I git around to adding the splash guards and the radio mic mount today. Took no time for either. I know I couldn't find much on how the Mopar guards fit on the HR bumper , so I took a close up of the gap. It isn't noticable from behind. 20180825_133016.jpeg20180825_133027.jpeg20180825_133043.jpeg

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Kargo master hinge steps went on with zero issues, seems like a very well made product. Also got the 2.5 teraflex outback springs installed. I was expecting about 1/2 gain in height considering I already had the Teraflex 2.5. I went from 7.5 in top of tire to top of wheel well to 9.5 in. I gained a full 2 inches. The ride is not harsh at all with my current set up , however the Jeep has a lower nose now. I'm hoping it will settle a little , worst case I throw in the front springs. View attachment 6703020180901_133913.jpeg

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hinge steps are so damn useful. I have the EAG ones on my rear doors like you and they were a total game changer for accessing the rack.

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hinge steps are so damn useful. I have the EAG ones on my rear doors like you and they were a total game changer for accessing the rack.
Just testing them in the driveway , I know it's going to be great. My girlfriend @ 5'1" definitely agrees too. [emoji38]

Reactions: Jennifer

Jennifer

Rank 0

Traveler I

Texas
Just testing them in the driveway , I know it's going to be great. My girlfriend @ 5'1" definitely agrees too. [emoji38]
Still slightly difficult to get on top of the roof but shouldn’t have to do that too often. After he added the outback springs it’s 100% impossible for me to reach the rack! So the steps are deff a great addition!

Reactions: brien

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

It's been a while, but more mods to go on soon . In the works is a Midland mxt400 gmrs radio , a yaseau ftm 400xdr , a molle platform solutions overhead panel for the radios to mount to. In addition I will be adding the vector jke dock and my tab s3. Pictures of installation to come soon!