2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited (Ace Hunter)

• HTML tutorial

mdfauls

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast I

Trenton, MI, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Fauls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MIH
2016 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock Edition, bought used in 2018 with 25000 miles was bone stock when I got it. Build has been slow as I want top quality parts but I’m not rich so it’s buy a part save buy the next part.

I’m no expert just me google and YOUTUBE doing this build.

Lights: KC Headlights and Fogs JW Speaker tail lights

Suspension: Mopar 2” lift

Tires/Wheels: 35” Nitto Trail Grapplers on TerraFlex Nomads

Exterior: Body Armor hinge steps, TerraFlex Hinge and Tire Carrier, Rhino Rack Backbone with pioneer rack.

Overland: Freespirit Recreation Adventure 55 RTT, MORE Trail Kitchen, ARB 50Qt fridge, Plano Sportsman’s Lockers

Interior: Vector JK Dock with 67 Designs phone mount and RAM IPad mount, Jeep Unique Mic and HT mount, JCR center console MOLLE grids, MPS Products Overhead MOLLE panel, Blue Ridge Overland JK Attic, Tuffy under seat drawer, Grabars. and can’t forget the Graco Booster Seat.

Electrical: Genesis Dual Battery kit, S-Tech switch system, Cobra 75WX,

Misc: Hi-Lift Extreme, Go Treads in Blue Ridge Overland Bag, Multiple other BRO bags

Future: Winch, limb risers, Spare tire rack (Probaly the Alta rack), light bar, scene lights, chase lights, drawer system, Ham Radio, rock lights, On board air, the list is never ending.

Stock and Now

Attachments

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
love it! winch should be first on the list. coming from someone who installed a light bar maybe 6-7 years ago I think I have used it once. i am not in the desert and in groups it just blinds people. It looks like you have done your research and put money towards quality parts. I worked in an offroad shop for 8 years and after seeing many others and building my own I have no doubt that yours will get you where you want to go. Focus on function over form and your money will go farther.
Happy trails!

mdfauls

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast I

Trenton, MI, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Fauls
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MIH
Thanks...winch is definitely the next purchase.

Light bar is very low on the list but it’s there because it gets DARK in the Michigan woods at night.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

RJJK

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Jenkins
All looks great; however why would on board air not be the next to be prioritised

Of everyone I know who has a winch majority very rarely (if ever) require it. Granted, the terrain in the Middle East will be alot different to the woods of Michigan. However inflating and deflating tyres is something that is surely required on almost every outing!