2016 Forester build

• HTML tutorial

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Cool, thanks. I am anxious about lifting my daily driver.
Ive lifted many vehicles over the years and most of them being 3" suspension lifts and I never had an issue, only time I hated a lift was a jeep LJ that I bought with a 8.5" lift, great off-road but it was hell on the highway during windy days. Could always start with small spacer lift to see how you like it. Get a good alignment and watch the wheel wear and that will let you know if there's a problem most of the time.

Reactions: Richard Lewis

Richard Lewis

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

That looks awesome! I'm showing these pictures to my Offroad mechanic! How is your Foz driving on roads with the lift?? Looking forward to getting my lift, skid plates and probable trim!

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Been awhile since I’ve added the new “upgrades”. I modified the primitive skid armor by trimming a bit off each side and drilling 3/4” holes spaced out, more for better drainage as I know it’s not going to help much with heat. Also shortened so it would sit higher up but had to ditch the factory heat shield and wrapped the headers and silicone sprayed the wrap. After trimming the front bumper the factory washer reservoir hung down way to low so I fabbed a holder for a 4” PVC pipe and bed lined it and use the cool looking red pipe closer for the opening. Also added a nice deep cell x2 battery from batteries plus. Also after trimming the rear bumper same problem with the factory muffler so got a super cheap small one and it tucks up nicely! Added a rhino rack on top. Got some super cheap lights to replace the fog lights and added the yellow film, had to do 5 layers to get a great yellow output! All mods done very cheap yet all very effective, well minus the battery, that was about $280 but I think well worth it. I have started to add rock lights but only got the fronts installed and not wired up until I get the rears complete.IMG_1988.JPGIMG_1989.JPGIMG_1990.JPGIMG_1991.JPGIMG_1992.JPGIMG_1993.JPGIMG_1995.JPG

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Also I found through a Mercedes agm website, some skid plate washers way cheaper than anywhere else and shipped fast. Much better than having those bolt heads just asking to get mangled