2016 Forester build

• HTML tutorial

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

I never thought about trimming the plastic! Makes sense. The LP Adventure bumper guards are pricey.
I like their bumper guard but it just lowers the approach angle even more, I'm eventually gonna trim the front and relocate the dogs. One day I'll have a custom bumper made but $$$$, so till then trimming works and I actually like the looks of it

Reactions: Richard Lewis

Richard Lewis

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

I like their bumper guard but it just lowers the approach angle even more, I'm eventually gonna trim the front and relocate the dogs. One day I'll have a custom bumper made but $$$$, so till then trimming works and I actually like the looks of it
Exactly!! I have looked all over for a Foz bumper, steel, higher, with a winch, but no joy... I may now look into a front bumper trim! LP ADVENTURE is pricey but I want cheap and dirty.

Richard Lewis

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

Did you trim the front! Pictures?? I'm considering an LP ADVENTURE 2 inch lift but not sure what that will do to the handling of my every day driver. I'm also considering increasing air intake for more power. Any thoughts or suggestions on LP or increased power are welcome. I have the 2.5i.

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Did you trim the front! Pictures?? I'm considering an LP ADVENTURE 2 inch lift but not sure what that will do to the handling of my every day driver. I'm also considering increasing air intake for more power. Any thoughts or suggestions on LP or increased power are welcome. I have the 2.5i.
I just trimmed the front bumper yesterday!! Still no pics as I've been busy and we've had storms, but I'm hoping tomorrow to have them up. I am definitely going to do a lift when I am done with other upgrades. It's hard to decide on primative offroad vs the LP lift, both seem legit. I did take off the lower plastic tank attached to the air intake box as it went below my trimming and I left the hole open which is something I used to do in the past to "increase airflow". Not really sure it works in newer vehicles with maf sensors/computers and all. I plan to plug the hole so water can't enter but driving around with it still open I had no feelings it helped at all. But it's not saying much cause of the high winds we've had here, but I seriously doubt any alterations to airflow actually help but I've also never chipped a vehicle and changed the computer to read for more air.

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

I just trimmed the front bumper yesterday!! Still no pics as I've been busy and we've had storms, but I'm hoping tomorrow to have them up. I am definitely going to do a lift when I am done with other upgrades. It's hard to decide on primative offroad vs the LP lift, both seem legit. I did take off the lower plastic tank attached to the air intake box as it went below my trimming and I left the hole open which is something I used to do in the past to "increase airflow". Not really sure it works in newer vehicles with maf sensors/computers and all. I plan to plug the hole so water can't enter but driving around with it still open I had no feelings it helped at all. But it's not saying much cause of the high winds we've had here, but I seriously doubt any alterations to airflow actually help but I've also never chipped a vehicle and changed the computer to read for more air.
Also from what I've researched, up to a 2" lift seems to be ok for our subies. I did disconnect the rear sway bar and no issues with that. May even take it off completely. The lifts from the 3 main companies all advertise that everything is included to bring the car back to near stock angles, I hope this helps but it's always hard to say until I've had my own first hand experience

Richard Lewis

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Grants Pass, Oregon, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Lewis
Member #

I am leaning to the LP ADVENTURE with 2 inch front and 2.5 inch rear. They include lengthened hoses and trail arms. I will be talking to my mechanic about your trim and air intake. I really want more power and air intake is one way to get it.

FozNasty

Rank 0

Contributor I

Central Texas
Member #

Finally trimmed about 4" off the front bumper! The factory tow points will probably be cut off as they hang down past the skid. Only other issue was the wiper fluid reservoir, it hung down way to low. I tried to reconfigure it up higher but just wouldn't get high enough, so I'll be making my own or finding a smaller one from a junk yard to replace it. I haven't measured the new approach/departure angles but will eventually lol. It's definitely a lot better that's for sure!IMG_20190523_105732384.jpegIMG_20190523_105743174.jpegIMG_20190523_105806844.jpeg