2016 Ford Ranger MK2 in Australia

• HTML tutorial

adamaustin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nowra, NSW
Member #

G'day guys! Just thought I would start a little thread about what I have done so far and what I'm planning to do in the future.

I started with a brand new Ford Ranger last June and have been slowly building it up to what I need as money permits.

So far I have added:
• 2-3 inch Dobinson remote res shocks with king's springs
• 33 BFG KO2 AT's on 16 inch Steel rims 0 offset
• Ironman bullbar
• Rhino Rack pioneer platform with Rhino awning
• TJM snorkel
• GME 80ch uhf
• Stedi 32 inch light bar and 9 inch spotties
• dual batteries with the second behind rear seat
• idrive throttle booster
• 2x 9 inch lightbars mounted under rear step
• 45L Engel Fridge strapped on back seat when touring

In the future I will add:
• rear tray with custom alloy canopy
• canopy fitted out with drawers and fridge slide
• roof top tent
• rocksliders
• front and rear winches

And once out of warranty
• bigger rubber
• power chip
• bigger lift

I hope this interests you guys in the US. I know the Ranger is coming to you guys soon and I can tell you that it is a awesome rig!

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
I had no idea the Ranger was coming back. Yours like epic! And you have some fantastic country down there [emoji106]that sunset picture is particularly beautiful

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

That is a nice looking Ute. I've been researching these and the Hilux. Why Ranger over Hilux? kings on your Dobisons shocks, are the Dobisons springs that bad or Kings just far superior?

Reactions: adamaustin

Jeepney

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

MN
I just got back from the Philippines and saw a lot of nicely done Rangers, looks like very popular platform next to the Hilux. They do look real nice stock and a few tasteful mods make it look killer.

Reactions: adamaustin

adamaustin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nowra, NSW
Member #

That is a nice looking Ute. I've been researching these and the Hilux. Why Ranger over Hilux? kings on your Dobisons shocks, are the Dobisons springs that bad or Kings just far superior?
Gday mate, for me there was a few reasons for the ranga over the hilux, 1 it had the bigger engine 3.2 vs 2.8 and that just made me think it's doing less work to pull the weight around. 2 the hilux was much newer at the time and they were being plagued with the dpf problems early on. And on top of that I just liked the look of the ranga a lot more!
I had heard the Dobinson springs are prone to sagging and the kings tapered springs give a much nicer ride. The spring and shock combo is great. Really nice to drive.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

Gday mate, for me there was a few reasons for the ranga over the hilux, 1 it had the bigger engine 3.2 vs 2.8 and that just made me think it's doing less work to pull the weight around. 2 the hilux was much newer at the time and they were being plagued with the dpf problems early on. And on top of that I just liked the look of the ranga a lot more!
I had heard the Dobinson springs are prone to sagging and the kings tapered springs give a much nicer ride. The spring and shock combo is great. Really nice to drive.

That's all really good info, thank you sir.

Do you have part number for which spring you used?

G'day guys! Just thought I would start a little thread about what I have done so far and what I'm planning to do in the future.

I started with a brand new Ford Ranger last June and have been slowly building it up to what I need as money permits.

So far I have added:
• 2-3 inch Dobinson remote res shocks with king's springs
• 33 BFG KO2 AT's on 16 inch Steel rims 0 offset
• Ironman bullbar
• Rhino Rack pioneer platform with Rhino awning
• TJM snorkel
• GME 80ch uhf
• Stedi 32 inch light bar and 9 inch spotties
• dual batteries with the second behind rear seat
• idrive throttle booster
• 2x 9 inch lightbars mounted under rear step
• 45L Engel Fridge strapped on back seat when touring

In the future I will add:
• rear tray with custom alloy canopy
• canopy fitted out with drawers and fridge slide
• roof top tent
• rocksliders
• front and rear winches

And once out of warranty
• bigger rubber
• power chip
• bigger lift

I hope this interests you guys in the US. I know the Ranger is coming to you guys soon and I can tell you that it is a awesome rig!

hi I see your quite experienced around the ranger do you have any recommendations or tips for me I am planning on buying a secondhand one, also how good off road are they.?

by the way great looking truck

Reactions: Luis Merlo