• HTML tutorial

Buddy Molway

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Irvine Ca
Member #

Question:
How did you fix the speedometer issue with larger tires? I took my truck to the ford dealership today and he said they could not help me. I needed to get a ford tuner? Not sure if my warranty will be voided for messing with the timing.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
You need a 3rd party tuner to correct the tire size, these are fairly easy to find and will not void your warranty.

MPLUTO

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Sammamish, WA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FDA
Nice looking truck! Glad to see a few F-150's out there. I know they aren't common overland vehicles but still capable.

What level did you go with? Those Nitto's are on my list to replace the stock slick worthless Wranglers. Looking to go 33" with as small of a lift as I can swing and gain clearance. In the Seattle area I have to be able to park downtown in some very tight garages so height is an issue.

Looking forward to following what you have next!

lmyamen

Rank II

Advocate II

iowa
Nice looking truck! Glad to see a few F-150's out there. I know they aren't common overland vehicles but still capable.

What level did you go with? Those Nitto's are on my list to replace the stock slick worthless Wranglers. Looking to go 33" with as small of a lift as I can swing and gain clearance. In the Seattle area I have to be able to park downtown in some very tight garages so height is an issue.

Looking forward to following what you have next!
Sorry just swa this! My level is a 2" supreme suspension kit, the stock tires are the f150 are worthless I agree! Love the Nittos so far, these are a hair over 34" I believe.

Reactions: Ozzie H

Ozzie H

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
First Name
Ozzie
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

E2A769C6-4EDD-4FDE-814A-C0C6E72CECA5.jpeg Doing a great job on your truck . Just came back from a trip to Alabama hills

Rambin Fever Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pennsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Here's a new question to all the F150 guys - what gears are you running? I'm planning to move down from my stock 3.31's, especially now that I'm pushing 35" tires. Debating between 4.10's and 4.56's. Thoughts?

Reactions: CopperstateJake

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Question:
How did you fix the speedometer issue with larger tires? I took my truck to the ford dealership today and he said they could not help me. I needed to get a ford tuner? Not sure if my warranty will be voided for messing with the timing.
Name of dealer? Please.

They should not sell or service any Ford product. Even amateurs with Forscan can program that. Professionals with factory equipment should have no problems at all. This is why we can't get quality service. Piss poor quality techs due to complete lack of decent pay and training.