2016 F-150 Build

• HTML tutorial

lmyamen

Rank II

Advocate II

iowa
I thought I would start a build thread for my F150, It is a 2016 F-150 2.7 ecoboost, my goal is to turn it into a overland camping rig.

The day I picked her up from the dealership with about 4 miles on the odometer.

First order of buisness was tint and a 2" level

Put in opt7 Led headlights, difference between the halogen and led shown.

Light output

lmyamen

Rank II

Advocate II

iowa
Placed an order this week for 18x9 Fuel Ripper wheels and 295/70r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so hopefully should have those in and installed by end of week. will update with photos once they come in. Still need to decide on a bed rack to hold a Smittybilt 2783 RTT

Photos of the same wheel/tire setup I am doing, someone on the f150 forums was running the exact setup I want so I ordered the same thing from our local wheel/tire shop.

Reactions: T-88

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

New wheels and tires always make a huge difference. Looks great.

Reactions: lmyamen

lmyamen

Rank II

Advocate II

iowa
What have you done to the suspension to fit those tires? Have you bounced around off-road with it yet to know if you rub under more extreme conditions?

Looks killer.
Currently just running a 2" level in the front, I have not had it off road at all yet to test it out under more intense conditions. i have only put like 40 miles on the new setup so far.

lmyamen

Rank II

Advocate II

iowa
Small update, my low profile truck bed rack came in. Ordered from hotmetalfab out of California. I will have it powdercoated black, but test fitted it on the truck and I think it will do the trick for the roof top tent once I order it..

Luke VC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Jefferson, NY
First Name
Luke
Last Name
VanCleef
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2LVC
looks great ... good luck with the build ...

lmyamen

Rank II

Advocate II

iowa
looks good... how does the rack get bolted down?
There are 4 brackets (not installed yet) that screw onto the rack that hold it under the side rails of the bed. Just like how a tonneau cover would attach, so there is no drilling required for it.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Awesome F150! I have the builtright bed rack system and like it a lot. The only advice if you get it is to mount everything up before you install the rack, it’s hard to add anything once it’s in the truck. I also have their dash tray mount and love it. Great company!

If you are looking for more power check out Livernois Motorsports, they are hands down the best tuners and actually worked with Ford on multiple vehicles.

Reactions: lmyamen