• HTML tutorial

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

I have an access cab 2013 that I got about a year ago. It's mostly stock. some great ideas here. interested in the wiring upgrade
I'm not sure how different the '13's are under the hood compared to the '15's but the Pelfreybilt aux fuse panel I bought doesn't fit very well and makes it super hard to take it off to easily hook up additional wiring. I'm in the process of ripping it all out and starting over from square one. I'm currently debating between the TacomaPros Bussman RTRM fuse block (link to product) or just spending the money for an SPOD. I don't have a ton of electrical stuff but I'd really like to be able to wire it all up and make the whole process easier.

Joey D

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Holladay, UT
Member #

I have looked at both and think I'll get the TacomaPros setup when it's time. I personally like their switch panel better.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
It seems super easy to use, which I like, and it's more weather resistant than my current Blue Sea one. When I was in Michigan the amount of corrosion I got on the Blue Sea was insane, but it seems to be better now that I'm in Utah and I don't have to wire brush it nearly as much.

Since you're in Indiana and get the same weather as Western Michigan for the most part, the sealed unit will probably hold up way better for you too.

shellbackbob

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

St. George,Vermont
Member #

interesting all I have heard about is the Sea Blue. I don't want to have to wire brush it often. as I live in Vt. so I have snow salt issues.
thanks for the heads up

Mikey2013taco

Rank 0

Traveler I

what kind of mount did you use to mount the light bar to the roof rack I have the same roof rack

I still need to mount my 40" Morimoto X Torch LED light bar up there, but I'm still in the process of getting my Pelfrybilt aux fuse panel put together and wired up. Once I get that done I can get all my lights rewired or just plain wired up and I'll be able to conquer the night since I'll essentially have a small sun on the front of my truck. I also need to figure out a good way to mount my MaxTrax up there and I need to get around to getting an ARB awning to bolt to the side to make camping a little more pleasant when it's hot outside.[/QUOTE]
After waiting for about 6 weeks I got finally got my Prinsu Design Cab Rack and got it installed, it was totally worth the wait since it's a really quality product. It was a bit of a pain installing it since it was just me and I had the bright idea to build it on my garage floor before bolting it to the roof, it wasn't super heavy but man was it awkward to wrestle into place. Took some adjusting once I got it on the roof, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I still need to mount my 40" Morimoto X Torch LED light bar up there, but I'm still in the process of getting my Pelfrybilt aux fuse panel put together and wired up. Once I get that done I can get all my lights rewired or just plain wired up and I'll be able to conquer the night since I'll essentially have a small sun on the front of my truck. I also need to figure out a good way to mount my MaxTrax up there and I need to get around to getting an ARB awning to bolt to the side to make camping a little more pleasant when it's hot outside.
What kind of bracket did you use to mount the light bar the the roof rack

Reactions: Jimmy P

Brian Watts

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Worth, TEXAS
Member #

Man it has been a while since I've update this. Not much happened over the winter, but over the past couple of days the weather has been relatively warm and nice so it allowed me to work on some stuff. First, here's a couple of shots from over the winter. The one is when I was in Ludington for work and the other is during one of our many Snowpocolypse's.

Now for what I've actually been working on. I managed to snag a Softopper off a guy on Craigslist and it's sat in my basement most of the winter since it was too cold to really mess with putting it on. I did managed to get it installed yesterday though and I really like the way it makes the truck look. I also bought a bunch of wood for building a sleeping platform and some drawers in the back to finally convert the truck into a lowkey overland rig.

I also got my CB antenna hooked up using a bracket from BAMF. I went with a 4' Firestik and an 18' coax with the Firering on it. I got my radio also, a Cobra 75 WX-ST, but I still need to figure out how and where I wanted to mount it. I figured getting the antenna cabling ran would at least help me with the project. I got a quick disconnect too so I can take off the antenna for the parking garage at work.

Also, I got my bedside decals on. They're actually my second set since I goofed up installing the first ones, but these came from a Secret Santa on Tacomawold.

And yes, I know there's no mountains in Michigan :tonguewink:

Oh and I may or may not have gotten a little carried away with my patch game.

The patches look great. I just got my 2014 a couple weeks ago and am thrilled the headliner will hold all my hook and loop patches. I'll be ordering my OB patch with my member number soon.