midwestfabs

Rank I

Contributor II

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
roberto
Last Name
fabrega
I have a 2015 Nissan Armada SL we decided to keep instead of trading in since it is still in good shape and has very low miles. It is a stock SL with 3rd-row seating

I want to upgrade it so it is more capable off-road/camping and to do some long-term-ish overloading. I would like to upgrade the suspension, wheels, and roof rack for a rooftop tent and/or additional storage, bumpers, winch, etc. in the interior and also add potential storage systems.

I am looking for recommendations and direction to take since I am new to uplifting a vehicle and since Nissan isn’t the most popular vehicle to upgrade for overloading.

I appreciate any ideas and assistance.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'm not super familiar with the y62 platform. I know they're very popular in Australia though.

I do know that Ironman makes a lift for it, and I've heard that first Gen titan upper control arms will fit it as well (I'm not sure what the advantage is there. Maybe they're bigger).

Reactions: midwestfabs

Enthusiast II

There are some things you can do.

Bumpers from ARB/WAM/Bluelake Offroad
Sliders - Probably custom only
Suspension - Check out Z1 off road or NissTec
Roof Rack - Thats going to be the hard part, it will be custom and you'll probably have to drill your roof.
Locker - TRE has an E-Locker for the R230 in the Armada with the 3.36 that is a direct bolt in.

Enthusiast II

I have a 2015 Nissan Armada SL we decided to keep instead of trading in since it is still in good shape and has very low miles. It is a stock SL with 3rd-row seating

I want to upgrade it so it is more capable off-road/camping and to do some long-term-ish overloading. I would like to upgrade the suspension, wheels, and roof rack for a rooftop tent and/or additional storage, bumpers, winch, etc. in the interior and also add potential storage systems.

I am looking for recommendations and direction to take since I am new to uplifting a vehicle and since Nissan isn’t the most popular vehicle to upgrade for overloading.

I appreciate any ideas and assistance.
DId you ever do anything this this rig?