Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Great looking setup. I'd say that is a fair price given all the top quality stuff in that build. Moving on to something else? I would have a hard time selling my LR4.

110Fellar

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Clever, MO
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
O’Reilly
Member #

Great looking setup. I'd say that is a fair price given all the top quality stuff in that build. Moving on to something else? I would have a hard time selling my LR4.
Well, this is probably blasphemy but I ordered a new Defender. That plus my 1991 Defender 110 and my 1969 Series IIA and all of a sudden the wife put her foot down. That said I'm having a hard time letting go of this LR4. I've had a Disco I, Disco II and LR3 along with a few Defenders and that LR4 is BY FAR the best in tricky terrain... Until I met the new Defender.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Well, this is probably blasphemy but I ordered a new Defender. That plus my 1991 Defender 110 and my 1969 Series IIA and all of a sudden the wife put her foot down. That said I'm having a hard time letting go of this LR4. I've had a Disco I, Disco II and LR3 along with a few Defenders and that LR4 is BY FAR the best in tricky terrain... Until I met the new Defender.
I look forward to seeing how you build the Defender and what your opinions are of it. I think if I was forced to replace my LR4 and couldn't get another LR4 the defender is probably the closest you can find to the L319 today. It certainly isn't the D5. I really dig the interior on the new Defender. It has definitely grown on me. I just wish it had slightly more similar dimensions to the LR4.. but maybe the new 130 will hold promise for what I would like.