Influencer II

Riverside,CA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Cochran
Member #

Nice looking rig you have there.
One question - is the 4.88 gear set going to be enough if you plan on pulling a little trailer with 37" tires?
4:88 will be perfect for 37's the m101 trailer behind I'd have to see tho. Right now with the trails we are doing and the tent on top it makes me top heavy and very Tippy. But worst case scenario I can always have my brothers jeep pull it. He has 5:13's.
I'll keep you posted [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatkidoutdoors

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas
Member #

I have a similar build with the same rack. I am wanting to add a rtt but also want a basket in front of the tent but behind the lights. Do you think one would fit? I am guessing I would need to mod up another cross bar.

Reactions: Steve

Unplanned Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

El Dorado Hills
Member #

I have a similar build with the same rack. I am wanting to add a rtt but also want a basket in front of the tent but behind the lights. Do you think one would fit? I am guessing I would need to mod up another cross bar.
Ive got a similar jeep with rtt and trying to figure out same thing exactly, interested in what you do

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

You could do both if you didn't mind the RTT having a little overhang on the back - or change the opening hinge from the side to open over the back. Here's an overhead shot of a CVT Mt. Shasta mounted on my Gobi rack. You can see it's clearly longer than it is wider when set up to open on the side. If I were to turn that for a rear opening it would open up more rack space. As it sits now I can put 4 jerry cans in front of the tent, but if I went sideways with it, I could fit a small Rola rack or the Mopar basket sideways as well. Additionally, I could easily slide the tent towards the rear in both mounting setups and give myself more room. I happen to like balance of where it is now for long trips. It seems to ride well at highway speeds.

fatkidoutdoors

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Texas
Member #

Thanks for the picture and response. Had I not gotten my rack for free I would have preferred the gobi. If you look at my rack there is no floor and really no way of adding a floor as it already sits so high. My thought was to move it to the back with a small 2' basket that I can put some jerry cans or attach my axe and shovel. I cannot have it open to the rear as I have a fox wing awning enroute[emoji3].