Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olive Branch, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

looking to replace my suspension system and want at least 2.5 lift but no more than 3. I've been looking and unsure what's best. I have around a grand at this time to buy but can go a little more with some waiting. Any tips or helpful ideas would be great!

Last edited:

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

Ya been looking at them and some other sites. Didn't find much on this one and thought it would be interesting to here what OB members thoughts where. But I think I'm gonna go icon route. Seems to be the big ones everyone is talking about

Jeremy M.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mascoutah, IL, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
McNeil
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2JTM
Service Branch
Army
I just put OME on my Tacoma and it’s been great!

4RunnerPerson

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Minnesota
Member #

Which OME setup did you get? I will have a 2018 Trail w Kdss soon. Am wondering if there is something less expensive than ICON

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

I went with the 3 inch lift that cost 1k. Med coil over in front and the 440lbs coil in rear. Even without the recommended constant weight it rides great. Still working on a drawer system for the rear. But back to
Point me and the wife just came back from 2 day camp trip nothing major at all and workers great

Reactions: tobyjefe

MysticZT4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Bay Area, CA
Member #

A lot of us started with OME but eventually we realized that a Full Coilover setup was best. I personally tried several options till I finally stuck with my Radflo setup.

Reactions: tobyjefe

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

OME BP-51. Best suspension ever. Unlike King, ADS, and the rest of the high end stuff, you get ARB's incredible customer service. After riding in 2 JK's one with Icon stage 5 and the other with Bp's, I bought BP's. Icon is dead, the stuff is shit these days for some reason.(to bad they used to be the best)all seriousness though Bp's are incredible. Kings are killer as well but you don't get a full kit like with the Bp's so it more money. Save some more dollars.

Reactions: JM8610

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

I like it. The ome is working for me I don’t plan on extreme off roading at this time but me and the wife plan on taking kids on a 18 days trip cross country next spring. So I’ll find out how they work then lol

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Yetisb

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

CA-South OC
Member #

I have 2016 4Runner and went with Icon stage2. I ended up shit canning the Icon tubalar UCA due to noise issues and ended up with SPC UCA...ghost quiet!
The Icon suspension it self has been great and ease of ride height adjustability with the coil overs is wonderful.

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

I thought long and hard on the icon. For my plans just couldn’t justify the extra $750 just for the stage one. But so far with the OME I have had 0 issues. Planning small camping trip again with kids with a little bit more deep woods. Area we went to in Arkansas turned out to be a bust this past weekend

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

Just looking forward for the day to catch some of these groups. Work been killing me lol. Along with the ome I’m waiting on sso bumper and prinsu full roof rack. Should be in any day now

Joshua Miller

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I recently purchased a 2018 4Runner TRD Offroad and I added the OME 3" lift kit from Toytec Lifts. I have been very satisfied with the shocks and springs. The ride is slightly stiffer than stock, but the body roll has been improved drastically. Also, the truck tends to dive forward and backward less when braking and accelerating. Does that make sense? I'm not sure what the technical term for this is.

Reactions: DanR

JM8610

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Miles
Member #

Makes sense to mine. The way you describe it is exactly the way mine are. They will get a touch softer after couple thousand miles on them but I’ve loved mine so far