Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Landon
Last Name
Whitmore
Member #

Just wanted to share my build. I honestly thought it was going to be a lot harder/more expensive than it had been just because it’s not really a mainstream Overland pickup option so they don’t make a whole lot for it but I honestly love it.

-33” Cooper Discover AT3 XLT
-17” Alpha Foxtrot Wheels
-3.5” Eibach Pro Truck Lift Stage 1
-Rough Country Uni Uppers
-Torxe High Clearance/Weight Reduction front Bumber w/ 30” Light Bar
-Diode Dynamics Ditch light mounts w/ cheap Auxbeam Lights
-AFM Flex Fuel disabler
-CVT ST. Helens Hard She’ll RTT
-*NEW* Mid Height Uptop Overland TRUSS AFS Bed rack

Attachments

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I always love seeing a Silverado build, since they're not too common. Like you said, there is a bit less aftermarket support for them, but certainly still enough to make for a fun "build." 33"s AT3s are probably the right size for 99% of overlanding. The only thing I'd caution, is to keep an eye on those RC upper control arms. I'm not as familiar with their parts for a Silvy, but I know in the Jeep world their joints are known to wear out extremely fast. Hopefully that's not the case, but if they do start to wear fast consider Cognito. I've had Cognito stuff on my 2500 for ~10 years and been very happy with longevity and quality. For a DD/Overland type build, I'd probably go with their ball joint UCAs: Cognito SM Series Upper Control Arm Kit For 07-18 Silverado/Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD but they also offer a Uniball version: Cognito Uniball SM Series Upper Control Arm Kit For 07-18 Silverado/Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD

-TJ

OverLando17

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Landon
Last Name
Whitmore
Member #

I always love seeing a Silverado build, since they're not too common. Like you said, there is a bit less aftermarket support for them, but certainly still enough to make for a fun "build." 33"s AT3s are probably the right size for 99% of overlanding. The only thing I'd caution, is to keep an eye on those RC upper control arms. I'm not as familiar with their parts for a Silvy, but I know in the Jeep world their joints are known to wear out extremely fast. Hopefully that's not the case, but if they do start to wear fast consider Cognito. I've had Cognito stuff on my 2500 for ~10 years and been very happy with longevity and quality. For a DD/Overland type build, I'd probably go with their ball joint UCAs: Cognito SM Series Upper Control Arm Kit For 07-18 Silverado/Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD but they also offer a Uniball version: Cognito Uniball SM Series Upper Control Arm Kit For 07-18 Silverado/Sierra 1500 2WD/4WD

-TJ

-TJ
Hey thanks for the feedback TJ!

I can definitely see that being since I only paid $300 for them, definitely better than the stock one resting on the bump stock but you ultimately do get what you pay for lol

I’ll definitely check cognito out thanks!

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Nice build. Everything you need. Nothing you don't.

I like the original grey wagon wheel style rims. I've got the same gen Sierra and plan to use those rims when I upgrade my tires.

The k2500 tow mirrors are a nice touch too. That's something else I would like to do

Reactions: OverLando17

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

How are you liking those Cooper Discoverer at3?

I'm trying to decide between those, Falken Wildpeaks, and the ubiquitous BFG' AT