Started out with a bone stock 2014 Power Wagon
I chose the Power Wagon for a few reasons:
-solid axles
-12,000lb stock warn winch
-locking axles
-disconnecting swaybar
-6.4L gas engine
-4:10 gears
-capable of running 35-12.5" tires on stock suspension (can fit 37-12.5 tires with a little rubbing but I chose to stick with 35"s for fuel mileage and cost)
-good towing capacity.

Here's a current pic and a pic of then it was new in stock form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Traveler II

Living in northern Alberta and driving lots of back roads with WAY to many deer and moose I needed more light!

I found a really good deal on a rollbar.
And built my own electric actuator powered folding light bar. I did this for a few reasons
-I wanted to be legal driving down the road without having to put covers on
-wanted to prevent rock chips
-needed the added clearance for fitting in my garage

This will likely be a temporary setup as I'd like to build a full overland rack like this

Traveler II

A friend of mine bought a Smittybilt RTT and Awning but decided to switch hobbies and decided to sell it. They were brand new, still in the boxes!
Built a temporary rack so I could get out quick and start enjoying and learning more about overlanding

Traveler II

Future mods and overland/camping needs
-new grille (plastidipped the stock one and its starting to peel. Not surprised at this as it was just meant to be temporary)
-secondary/house battery system
-camp lights
-overland rack
-on board air system
-on board water system (removable for winter
-dual swing out rear bumper (37" spare and fuel can carrier
-Thuren fab overland extreme suspension
-37" tires
-rock lights
-rock sliders
-rock guard on rocker panels
-AEV wheels
-AEV snorkel
-Diablo trinity tuner
-finish camp kitchen

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

I'm glad I stumbled upon this. We've decided to change things up a bit, sell the beloved Xterra and rtt setup and move to a full size 3/4 and 4 wheel camper type setup. I gave to say that after spending a lot of time looking and researching capable 3/4 rigs, I keep getting drawn back to the Power Wagon. I've been spying a 2014 for sale at a dealer in Edmonton and the itch is starting to get too hard to ignore.

If you had to do it over again, would you still choose the PW, or something else? I'm interested in your opinion of your rig based on your experiences so far. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: OffroadTreks

Traveler II

I'm glad I stumbled upon this. We've decided to change things up a bit, sell the beloved Xterra and rtt setup and move to a full size 3/4 and 4 wheel camper type setup. I gave to say that after spending a lot of time looking and researching capable 3/4 rigs, I keep getting drawn back to the Power Wagon. I've been spying a 2014 for sale at a dealer in Edmonton and the itch is starting to get too hard to ignore.

If you had to do it over again, would you still choose the PW, or something else? I'm interested in your opinion of your rig based on your experiences so far. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I love it and wouldn't consider any other 3/4 ton. The two biggest drawbacks are fuel mileage and overall size on tight trails. These drawbacks are the same for any 3/4 ton gas truck though. I've owned several different trucks over the years and this one is by far the most capable truck out there.
The only other vehicles I'd consider are a taco or maybe the new Jeep jl pickup (if the rumours are true). The only big issue I've had is that the intake is a very poor design and can get splashed with water if you try keeping speed though even 8" of water. A AEV snorkel is a very prudent investment (which I haven't had a chance to buy yet haha)
If you buy one join Power Wagon Next gen on Facebook!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:
Reactions: trikebubble

OffroadTreks

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nomad
Member #

I love the rending of the whole rack setup. I'm still working on mine. I've got a friend who is going to help me once he moves to Portland at the end of the month.

Hopefully, you can make it down to Moab next year. I know it's a long way though.

Reactions: Mitch Pedersen

Traveler II

I love the rending of the whole rack setup. I'm still working on mine. I've got a friend who is going to help me once he moves to Portland at the end of the month.

Hopefully, you can make it down to Moab next year. I know it's a long way though.
I actually stole the pic off pwng so I can't take any credit for it, it's one of the nicest I've seen though!
Hopefully this year, if not it'll be the following year for sure! Want to take extra time off and hit the expo as well!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk