Blue Quill, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
JPD
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Service Branch
Infantry vet. 88-03
Looks like a great run! We're heading out just north of Cadomin tomorrow for a leisurely couple of days just sitting by a firepit and listening to the sounds of silence (except when I bring out the rifles for banging on some steel, of course ;) )

Great pics too!

NOMAD5326

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Great build, thanks for sharing! I hope that Volant will relook their design and make it mount up w/flares a little better. It seems they could have made it run along the top of the flare to where the emblem is and then up to clean up the lines a bit as well as save from cutting into a flare.

Vadim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Great build on the truck!! I see that full size pickups are becoming alot more popular for overlanding and are quite capable. Ive been contemplating a 16-17 Tacoma this year, because I thought that a fullsize pickup would limit which trails I could do but you have shown that to not be true. Do you have any more pictures of the truck on rougher rutted terrain with big rocks and boulders?

dblack

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sherwood Park, AB
Member #

I don't have a lot of photos of Clifford rock crawling through the boulders because... Well, I don't rock crawl through the boulders. :grimacing: Clifford is a little too long, a little too low, and that big fuel tank grabs rocks a little too well.

I would say that there are some plus's and minus's to that full size long wheel base. In some spots it works to my advantage. In some spots it doesn't. The 2 worst things are the break over angle, and the box/bumper/rear hitch hanging out the back. Makes ledges interesting.

Here's my fatboy trying to be skinny. Almost too tight for a full size truck
Moab fatboy.JPG

A couple photos getting through a mud hole
Kakwa Hole 2.jpg
Kakwa hole.jpg

And I don't have many photos of Clifford Flexing out, but I have a couple videos.
Moab ledges: Flexing on Whipsaw trail, BC: A little ledge on the Whipsaw Trail:

Reactions: Graeman

wrmmt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bozeman, Montana
First Name
William
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Love the build, and the pictures/adventures look great! Looks like some great places to explore up there!