• HTML tutorial

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

<p>new to the forum and would like to share my rig so far. I bought it in November of 2014. It was lightly used by a soccer mom until I bought it. I installed a 2.5" Rock Krawler Max flex stage 1 with 35" BFG KM2 and 17" steel wheels. Took out the back seat and started building storage boxes. I built them along the lines of Adventure Trailer JK storage boxes stages 1 & 2. But for much less. Trying to get a decent set up before I head out to Overland Expo East in October.</p>

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

<p> Great Idea. Question, do you plan on making a bed on top of the storage box? My son and I sleep in the back of my 4dr JK on a 4" camping foam but I need to sleep on the passenger side to get more length. I have to slide the seat all the way forward and the head rest from the rear seat still sticks up a bit. Having the extra height would clear the centre console and the headrest. Hmmm, wheels are turning...</p>

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

<p>What I was going to do is either get a self inflating mattress from like REI and use that for now.  I will use this until my funds have replenished from getting my lift and tires, and my honeymoon near also.  I don't have pictures yet but I made a platform that fills the gap between the boxes and the passenger seat.  When the passenger seat is moved all the way forward and reclined forward there is about 11" gap.  So now the wooden surface is a total of 73-75" and I have to lay down at a slight angle but I also had my work boots on when testing it out.  I'm going to do some camping here soon once my work calms down and I'll get some better pictures and ideas of how I'll fit in the Jeep.  I also purchased a set of window vents for the rear doors of the Jeep.  They are coming in from Germany and shipped earlier today.  Hopefully they won't be too long but that will allow for ventilation and it also has a screen on it to keep the bugs out.</p>