Weatherford, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
O'Dell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
I have a 2013 F250 6.2L (gas) and the first exterior mod I want is rock sliders. I've looked online but I can't find anything that looks like it wouldn't deflect or bend on the first drop.

I've also searched the forums and didn't even pull up results for just "F250". Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

Thewheelman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Weatherford, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
O'Dell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
It’ll more than likely be a custim Build. I’d find a local cab shop to see what they can build you
I can weld and I've got friends that fab but I'm really just trying to find a proven design that'll support the weight since its bigger than most OL builds.

Clrussell

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Arkansas, USA
First Name
Corbin
Last Name
Russell
I can weld and I've got friends that fab but I'm really just trying to find a proven design that'll support the weight since its bigger than most OL builds.
Ah you’re set then. Just build it overkill lol.

And I’m in the bigger than most overland category too so I understand.

I have 2x4 .250 wall box tubing in the shop for my sliders. They will have some tube on the outside of them to help with a step and roof access

Reactions: Thewheelman

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

The distance from the frame to the edge of the body is a long way. I went to tubes to step up on. I have a long bed 4 door so they would be very long too. You do what works for you.

Thewheelman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Weatherford, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
O'Dell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
The distance from the frame to the edge of the body is a long way. I went to tubes to step up on. I have a long bed 4 door so they would be very long too. You do what works for you.
Yeah, the torsional stress on the frame is one of the things I'm worried about but I don't want to pay for body work either so I'm trying to figure out if theres a solution for this.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Yeah, the torsional stress on the frame is one of the things I'm worried about but I don't want to pay for body work either so I'm trying to figure out if theres a solution for this.
Yes, I get that. I just decided to drive carefully and generally think about the spontaneous body mods before I push the paddle on the right. It has mostly worked so far. I do not wheel very hard, I go places to play and prefer to do so over working on the rig.

Thewheelman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Weatherford, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
O'Dell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
Yes, I get that. I just decided to drive carefully and generally think about the spontaneous body mods before I push the paddle on the right. It has mostly worked so far. I do not wheel very hard, I go places to play and prefer to do so over working on the rig.
I plan to take it slow over the obstacles but I want to go as far and deep into the wilderness as I can so idk, I just want as much protection as I can get.

Reactions: MMc

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
It'll have to cradle the frame in multiple spots. Not bolt on or weld on. Check with the Power Wagon guys. They're really the only ones thrashing new fullsize trucks right now.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Don't forget diff covers. You ain't going anywhere without them.

I like the motobilt diff covers. Make sure to get the Ford Superduty front Dana 60 cover. It's low profile to fit behind the steering tie rod. Regular 60 will rub.

Thewheelman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Weatherford, TX
First Name
John
Last Name
O'Dell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
None
Don't forget diff covers. You ain't going anywhere without them.

I like the motobilt diff covers. Make sure to get the Ford Superduty front Dana 60 cover. It's low profile to fit behind the steering tie rod. Regular 60 will rub.
Thanks man, I'll check with the mopar boys on the sliders and thanks for reminding me about the diff covers.