2013 f150 What next?

• HTML tutorial

Merkwier

Rank 0

Traveler I

So I've got the wheels now. After a long weekend trip to Moab, I was very impressed with how they performed. I got 33" Falken Wild Peak ATs, also had a 2"F 1"R level installed for a little extra clearence.

In your guys opinion, what should be next? I'm running a stock f150 with no upgrades besides the ones just mentioned.

I was thinking shocks maybe? Seems like a cost effective way to make off-road travel a bit less rough and bumpy. I eventually wouldike to swap the level for a suspension lift but it's a bit too experiensive for me at the moment.

What else should I make a priority? I know what I need but of course I can't afford everything at once! I'm sure you guys can relate haha

So in order of presidence, what should I get next? Thanks!

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

rear view.png
It's in the title. 2013
woops.. not sure how I missed that... Mine is a 2012.

I guess it depends on your budget.
Suspension would be great but I would recommend coilovers and upper control arms.. depending on who you go with that is going to run 2k+

Here is my rig.
18121936_715636955282816_8534689795336074900_o.jpg

Last edited:

Glenn Hickman

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Manteca ca
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Hickman
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6MEO
How did you fit 35 inch tires on just a level? Any rubing. I am having great difficulty finding out how big of a tire I can run with just a 2 inch level.

Camp_Llama

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

Usually you can clear a 35" on a 2-2.5" level if you stick with a narrower wheel with around the same backspacing as the stock rims. That said, I don't know if folks that have done this still experience rubbing. Personally, I stuck with a tire that's just over 33''.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

How did you fit 35 inch tires on just a level? Any rubing. I am having great difficulty finding out how big of a tire I can run with just a 2 inch level.
Im running OEM raptor rims so they don't stick out crazy... when I had my aftermarket wheels I was only able to do 33's. also as you can see I have a aftermarket bumper... If I didn't I would end up having to trim the bumper a bit

SLPNBG

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mechanicsville, Va
Member #

I have 285-65-20 on stock rims with a 2 in level on the front and an extra inch in the rear. Those tires come in at about 34 1/2 X 11 1/2. Pulled the wheel well liner back a little with a zip tie, no rubbing at all. As Raul mentioned, rim choice is key.