2013 F150 Ecoboost Build

• HTML tutorial

bwilliams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Idaho
I’m just starting my build. I currently have Toyo Open Country ATII’s on it and love it. Any suggestions to start off with? I’ve looked into rock sliders and can’t find any for the supercrew and any tips on low profile winch mounting? I’d like to avoid a huge bumper. IMG_3029.jpgIMG_3026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jimmy P

Camp_Llama

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Lexington, Kentucky
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Lamar
Member #

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of true rock sliders specifically made for the F150 screw, but a company called unlimited chassis does make some universal ones of varying lengths. You'd have to fab up your own mounts with them, though. Great looking FX4!

F150_RUNNER

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

corona CA
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
MENZIES
Member #

Looks just like my truck. I ordered a set off amazon. took a chance and they have held up really well and have used them a few times already.

Tyger Auto TG-AM2F20118

Also as far as the winch you'll have to get a aftermarket intercooler to make room for the kit.

https://www.full-race.com/store/ecoboost/f150/ford-f-150-ecoboost-intercooler-cac-upgrade-kit-1/

Then you'd still have to get the mount and the winch. Can get expensive really quick. Plus in CA i cant get that and pass smog easily lol

Last edited:

bwilliams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Idaho
Looks just like my truck. I ordered a set off amazon. took a chance and they have held up really well and have used them a few times already.

Tyger Auto TG-AM2F20118

Also as far as the winch you'll have to get a aftermarket intercooler to make room for the kit.

https://www.full-race.com/store/ecoboost/f150/ford-f-150-ecoboost-intercooler-cac-upgrade-kit-1/

Then you'd still have to get the mount and the winch. Can get expensive really quick. Plus in CA i cant get that and pass smog easily lol
Great advice! I’ll have to start doing some saving then. Luckily Idaho has no emissions so I won’t have that problem. Do you know of anyone who’s relocated their intercooler and mounted a winch? And how well it actually worked?

bwilliams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Idaho

Tyger Auto TG-AM2F20118

Also how well did those sliders hold up to trail abuse? You should post a picture of your rig.

F150_RUNNER

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

corona CA
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
MENZIES
Member #

Just did a google search and a few other forums will pop up with threads about people who have done it. Haven't heard any negatives minus the cost really.

The steps hold up really well. The coating looks like a textured paint. Its slip resistant and looks good. Dropped on a good size bolder a few times ago while off road and just dented the bottom tube and was surprised how well they held up for how hard the hit was.

I keep thinking of posting pictures but always seem to when its dark out. Ill try to remember tomorrow and post them up here to give you a good look installed.

bwilliams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Idaho
Yeah those are such lower profile than mine. I honestly didn’t think it would hold up to that kind of abuse. You’ll have to keep me updated on how they continue to hold up