2012 X-terra 1st Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Man I had an 02 Xterra and I really really enjoyed it! They're great trucks! Enjoy your gen 2 brother, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to it. If one of these Eastern VA meets turns out I'd love to see it in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scifi79

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

Congrats on the purchase, since you're coming from the Jeep world you'll find that there are far less options for Nissan compared to Jeep. The 2nd gen Xterra is a solid platform, good balance between off road capability and on road performance. If ya have questions or need help with it, I'd be happy help where I can.

Shawn

Reactions: TerryD

Voodoo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Salt Lake City, Utah
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Rambo
Member #

Service Branch
uS Navy
I have a 2002. and I Like it so far. If you get a roof rack basket before I do, let me know the brand and if you like it. There is a pretty huge aftermarket for them over at Rocky Road Outfitters.

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Providence Forge, New Kent County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

Last edited:

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Next time you head up this way, give me a shout! I've never been to Shoe Creek before. I might have to run over one weekend and check it out.

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

Next time you head up this way, give me a shout! I've never been to Shoe Creek before. I might have to run over one weekend and check it out.
We are heading up to Crabtree on the 30th of this month probably do shoe creek and some one mentioned big levels trail.

Sent from my SM-G925V using OB Talk mobile app

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Cool! I'll keep it in mind! We've got some stuff going on that week so it depends on how that stuff looks as to wether or not I'll be going. I doubt I'll run Big Levels right now though. The water holes on it are pretty deep till the dry season comes around and I don't like going through muddy water. I might be up for something there in late August or September though when I can avoid most of the deep parts.

Scifi79

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scifres
Member #

Cool! I'll keep it in mind! We've got some stuff going on that week so it depends on how that stuff looks as to wether or not I'll be going. I doubt I'll run Big Levels right now though. The water holes on it are pretty deep till the dry season comes around and I don't like going through muddy water. I might be up for something there in late August or September though when I can avoid most of the deep parts.
Sounds good we normally do a fall trip as well. It will be my 1st time. Good thing I extended my rear breather up. One of the easiest things I have. The kit I got from Off-road Gorilla was great.

Sent from my SM-G925V using OB Talk mobile app

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
That was one of my early mods too. It's good piece of mind as well as good preventative maintenance against blowing out the axle seals.