FOR SALE 2012 Jeep Liberty (KK) Build (slow and steady wins the race)

• HTML tutorial

Piratewilly

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
I have decided im going to do it. I'm going to build my Overlander that I have been wanting.

I kept thinking to myself "I have the wrong vehicle, this is the wrong kinda jeep, it's not good enough" but I figured out that I think I have the perfect platform that just is under utilized.

I know this build will take time. (5 years? More? Who's counting...) And I'm not ready emotionally or physically to do anything drastic although I have done a little.

Anyways.

I will be using this space for 3 reasons.

1. Talk about my myself and my experience (or lack there of). I will post pictures when I go on trips and try to gain experience in overlanding/off-roading.

2. Talk about my build. Talk about plans for it. Brag about it. Etc etc etc.

3. Ask technical questions. Ask question about places to overland. Ask questions on gear. Ask questions on strategies (?). I will look for help and will be asking for it here and then depend on the community to help.

I hope you guys enjoy my adventure. I will attempt to update once a week.

Every Days and Adventure!

Piratewilly

Rank 0

Traveler I

US
Let me talk about myself a little so you can hopefully gain a little insight into what skill or lack of skill I have and the experiance level.

I grew up in Kern County California. Spent summer riding bikes in fields, going camping, learning how to fish thanks to my dad. I love the outdoors. I love being in the mountains. I love exploring. Me and my dad love to play "hey I wonder what's up that hill" and love finding new ways to get places, calling them short cuts even if they take us twice as long.

My first vehicle was a 1972 Dodge D100. It was 2WD but I fell in love with it. Me and my buddy's would take it to the fields and learn what it could do and couldn't do. Learn how to do donuts. Learn how to climb steep hills. Learning how to get stuck. Learning how to get unstuck. It was the time of my life.

But the grass is always greener.

I sold it and bought my first sports car. 1970 Datsun Roadster. It was so cool... To look at. I never got to drive it. It was always broke down. I needed a way to drive so my dad gave me his 1989 Oldsmobile Cutless. It was... A car.

I missed having a truck. I gave him back the Cutless (thanks Dad)

I missed offroading with my friends. I missed having something simple to work on. I bought a 1975 Dodge D100. It was 2wd, if wasn't the same. It felt old and not fun. I had got spoiled in the olds, having A/C and a radio.

I sold It and bought a 1999 Dodge Dakota. It was V6 and 2wd. It was a truck but it wasn't good for off-roading.

My friend gave me a ride in his sports car and I got the bug.

I then went from sports car to sports car to sports car.

I had a 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS. It was fast (I know haha a fast Corolla?) And fun and good on gas, but I was tired of it. I wanted the sports car my friend had first gave me a ride in, a black 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4... So I bought one.

I got married and drove it around for a while. My wife had a 2010 Hyundai elantra.

Things were ok for a while but I was getting tired of the Elantra and how unreliable the Neon was.

I was looking around for a reasonably priced SUV. I found a really nice deal on a 2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic. It was the right color, it had everything we wanted. We pulled the trigger.

So I'm driving the neon, my wife's driving the jeep.

I'm still getting tired of the neon though. We decide to get another car for my wife and I would drive the Jeep. It was my first 4WD. But I thought it was probably a not very good one since I didn't hear much about people offroading them but I was super impressed the first time I took it out. I put a 2 inch lift on it and bigger Toyo AT ii tires and have never been stuck.

I have slowly learned more and more about offroading. I have yet to break anything and yet to be stuck.