Sortor

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Sortor
Member #

My whole life I have been boondocking and camping, just recently found out about overlanding and it fits the style of camping I enjoy the most. It seems that The journey to my destinations have always been just as exciting if not more that the final destination. I love vehicle dependent travel and am exited to join this amazing group. #2787

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app

Sortor

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Sortor
Member #

It's been slow progress on upgrades over the last 2 years we primarily use coolers and load all our gear in the bed under a Tonneau cover, but in a random Craigslist miracle we found a color match topper 200miles away. After some bartering and haggling I picked it up for some spair parts I had laying around the garage. Thinking about a rack on top and a sleeping platform on the inside with a drawer system for storage. So we can keep up off the ground.

Sent from my SM-N910V using OB Talk mobile app

Attachments

KyleGrant

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wichita, KS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Soldani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KSØTOR
You lucky dog you, finding a matching topper! I hope to have mine painted to match in a couple weeks as it's one of my biggest gripes with my Sierra.

I really like this platform of a truck/camper shell for overlanding, it seems pretty underrated. I like the look after the level kit, which did you use and did you install on your own? Do you have any other plans for hardening the drive train or suspension components?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Sortor

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Sortor
Member #

I put the rough country 2 inch lift and level, installed it myself and then went and got an alignment and the tire's put on. Plan is to change out the lift for an icon stage 1 2 inch. I got a CAI cold air intake and an edge CTS to turn off the AFM, helps with milage to. The stabilitrac works pretty well but would like to have a locker eventually.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: maxfederle89

maxfederle89

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

US
Any chance I could see your truck with the lift? I have a 2002 2500hd and am hoping to get inspiration from the Silverlanders on this forum [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk