Launch Member

Contributor III

PNW
First Name
DANIEL
Last Name
ZUMINI
Member #

That is an awesome Raptor! Love the mods!

Ironhide Fx4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

VT
Member #

I wish I had a rack like that for the tent. I really like the extra storage over the roof.

Johnnie Canuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpg I originally designed the safari rack too mount my RTT. But since I built my trailer i figured i leave it on that. So now i have brackets and removeable cross-members and a bunch of wasted space! I have a few ideas for it... But im still on the fence for it.
I figured i could mount the spare tire up there and install a spare tire space aux fuel tank? Or i could make a simple basket for it? Mabey another storage box mounted up high with slides like the pack-rat?
So im looking for any input anybody has, or any other ideas that anybody may come up with!
Thanks!

Reactions: White5olx777

Johnnie Canuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

image.jpg So with all the full-time weight i have in the back of my rig now my back end saged about 1-1/2"s. Even though its a full size pick-up the Raptors have very "supple" suspension in the rear. So until I decide what im gonna do about it I've installed a set of helper leaf springs. The kit was only supposed to lift the rear by about an inch. But it actually lifted it by about 2-1/4"s! All seems to work ok.... But its a little stiff in the corners and its a little noisy.

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

Your best bet with the rear would be to call Atlas or Deaver and see if they can mod your pack for the extra weight or just get you a new pack. I doubt you will be happy with airbags on something designed to have suspension travel.

Reactions: Johnnie Canuck

Bisco Bum

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

TImmins Ontario
Member #

I just put firestone air bags (made for the raptor) on mine. I hated them at first!! But now that I have played with the pressures, I'm starting to warm up to them.
Now I have not done any high speed gravel yet...this weekend.

With the relatively light tongue weight of the trailer! They rock. I raised my trailer 7" and lost it all as soon as I hooked it up to the truck. The airbags have solved the droopy rear.

Reactions: Johnnie Canuck