2010 Toyota Land Cruiser VX200

• HTML tutorial

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

Snorkel, roof rack, drawers, kitchen, fridge slider and dual battery system done!I have 200 amps available, should be able to run fridge and lights for almost 4 days!Getting on nicely now!Next RRT and Eazy Awn!Then the big stuff, bumpers, suspension, winch ext!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: revamp and dblack

Silver_Slug

Rank 0

Traveler I

Drawers covered.Today i fitted fridge sliders, designed to fit kitchen table fitted with cutting board and 2 plate gas stove underneath!Fridge rack designed to take a 60L combi fridge/freezer but can go bigger if needed!Reason for the engel you can remove the lid, cause the lid can only open 30 cm when drawer is extracted to outside, still ample i think!Comments or your thoughts will be appreciated!Next to come roof rack ext!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Love watching this build. So nice!
How did you build the drawers? I've been looking at all the photos you posted but can't get a good view of what you did for the drawers. Are the just 1 piece bent and the corners held together with bolts through an L piece of aluminum?
Is it really only 1.5 mm thick aluminum for the drawers. That's much thinner then I would have thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

Thank very much.Yes I used 19mm x 1.5mm aluminum tubing, with all the relevant corners, L shape, 3 way and a few 4 way's.Actually very simple if you get all your measurement correct!Build a right and the a left hand drawer separately and joined them in the car, otherwise can't get the complete unit in!The wood piece on top also two pieces linked with few hinges to get it inside!Fitting the sliders was easy but tricky to mount to the tubing.Then had the drawers bent out of 1.6 mm aluminum sheeting and fitted between sliders.If you have any more questions please ask!

Silver_Slug

Rank 0

Traveler I

Did you use those plastic connectors for aluminum square tube? I have seen them. Erode but was worried they couldn't really support weight on top. I'd like to sleep on them if I need too, I've design a section that flips over the folded down back seat.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

View attachment 16133 View attachment 16132 View attachment 16129 View attachment 16130 View attachment 16129 Now that the drawers are covered I could finish and fit fridge sliders.Designed to take a 60L Engel combi, but can go bigger if needed, for now it's ample I think!Reason for the Engel is that the lid is removable for better access if the fridge is in the car although the lid can open about 30cm when sliders are extractThe kitchen unit slides underneath the fridge and consists of a 2 plate HP gas stove, cutting board and wind screen!This kitchen unit mounts on the rear flap form an L shape workspace are!Anny thoughts and comments will be appreciated.
Awesome!

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: Werner ZA

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

Did you use those plastic connectors for aluminum square tube? I have seen them. Erode but was worried they couldn't really support weight on top. I'd like to sleep on them if I need too, I've design a section that flips over the folded down back seat.

Yes I used those, they can take plenty of weight, supported me and my wife fitting fridge slider.Depending on your weight you should be ok.The plank on top takes the weight pushed down on the legs not really the joints.There are in total 12 vertical legs, combined, not more than 40cm apart so well supported to sleep on.I also thought about flip open section to sleep on, but RTT has to do, unless there are Lions in the area.hahaha and here in Africa there are plenty.

Reactions: Silver_Slug