• HTML tutorial

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

View attachment 14649
Hi all.Started my modifications 3 months ago.Doing drawers currently, then on to chip, stronger brakes, suspension, long range tank then cosmetics, i.e. Bush bumper, winch, rear Tyre carrier, rock sliders, wheels, roof rack, roof tent ext!Any others out there building up a VX200 or any suggestions welcome!Happy over Landing!Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Very nice! Are those purchased drawers, or did you build them? If purchased, what brand, please?

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

Awesome looking drawers! Are the drawers aluminum? What gauge are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, not what u mean by gauge!They home built, with aluminum tubing 19mm, 900mm heavy duty slides can carry op to 120kg's each! I fitted a 19mm marine ply wood onto covered with a very durable nylon carpet!Next I will fit a set of 900 mm sliders for my fridge.I am also building a slide out table with a two plate stove and cutting board that will extend the rear flat giving an L shape work/cooking area.Table will be 400mm x 900mm, hope this makes sense!

Silver_Slug

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thank you, not what u mean by gauge!They home built, with aluminum tubing 19mm, 900mm heavy duty slides can carry op to 120kg's each! I fitted a 19mm marine ply wood onto covered with a very durable nylon carpet!Next I will fit a set of 900 mm sliders for my fridge.I am also building a slide out table with a two plate stove and cutting board that will extend the rear flat giving an L shape work/cooking area.Table will be 400mm x 900mm, hope this makes sense!
Gauge is a US term for thickness. Didn't even realize that may not be universal.
They look really nice. I'm trying to design some myself for my rig.
So the main structure is 19 mm squared. What thickness is it?
Also what thickness is the drawer itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

I knew that sorry my brain not kicked into gear yet, 5am here in South Africa, hahaha!All round 1.6mm aluminum , did not see the need for thicker!All bolts and nuts are HTS, 6 & 8mm, lock nuts and spring washers?Drawers are 900mm Long, 400mm wide and 300mm high roughly!Hope this helps!Good luck, pretty simple if you put some thought to it!If you need any more info you welcome to ask!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Outdoor Drew

revamp

Rank IV
Founder 500

Enthusiast II

Mansfield, TX
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Beyer
Member #

Beautiful drawer system! It looks great! And great use of space!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

Drawers covered.Today i fitted fridge sliders, designed to fit kitchen table fitted with cutting board and 2 plate gas stove underneath!Fridge rack designed to take a 60L combi fridge/freezer but can go bigger if needed!Reason for the engel you can remove the lid, cause the lid can only open 30 cm when drawer is extracted to outside, still ample i think!Comments or your thoughts will be appreciated!Next to come roof rack ext!

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

IMG_0538.JPG IMG_0690.JPG IMG_0688.JPG IMG_0689.JPG IMG_0688.JPG Now that the drawers are covered I could finish and fit fridge sliders.Designed to take a 60L Engel combi, but can go bigger if needed, for now it's ample I think!Reason for the Engel is that the lid is removable for better access if the fridge is in the car although the lid can open about 30cm when sliders are extractThe kitchen unit slides underneath the fridge and consists of a 2 plate HP gas stove, cutting board and wind screen!This kitchen unit mounts on the rear flap form an L shape workspace are!Anny thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

Werner ZA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

South Africa, Centurion
Member #

View attachment 16133 View attachment 16132 View attachment 16129 View attachment 16130 View attachment 16129 Now that the drawers are covered I could finish and fit fridge sliders.Designed to take a 60L Engel combi, but can go bigger if needed, for now it's ample I think!Reason for the Engel is that the lid is removable for better access if the fridge is in the car although the lid can open about 30cm when sliders are extractThe kitchen unit slides underneath the fridge and consists of a 2 plate HP gas stove, cutting board and wind screen!This kitchen unit mounts on the rear flap form an L shape workspace are!Anny thoughts and comments will be appreciated.
Feeling very excited!Today fitting roof rack and dual battery system!