2010 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X

• HTML tutorial

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Hey man, weird question and I'm curious if you'd know the answer (may help others down the road, who knows), but I think I found the snorkel you were referring to. The kit says '05-'11 for years (your's being a '10 obviously works) and I'm curious if you can think of any differences between your '10 and a '13. I can't think of any that would have to do with the fitment but I could always be wrong. Not trying to hijack your thread, just curious and hoping it could help someone else down the line too. I also dig your build so I'm here often taking notes lol
Yeah that's the one. As far as I know there are no differences from 05 up. The difference is that they say this is for the diesel. If I'd have moved my template 1" farther toward the rear it all would have been exactly lined up minus the little rubber horn looking piece. As is my air box is free floatingamd my scoop is a little lower than it would be. You can't really tell from the outside.

Reactions: bawesomfels

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Yeah that's the one. As far as I know there are no differences from 05 up. The difference is that they say this is for the diesel. If I'd have moved my template 1" farther toward the rear it all would have been exactly lined up minus the little rubber horn looking piece. As is my air box is free floatingamd my scoop is a little lower than it would be. You can't really tell from the outside.
Here's the link...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/312108257949

Reactions: bawesomfels

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Going back over this thread, shows how wishy washy I have been about the suspension thing... As of now, it has changed again, but I don't really think it'll change again by the time I end up actually buying. The new plan of attack is looking like UCAs, ext. Travel radflow coilovers, Bilstein 5165s in the rear, and alcans with 2" lift and plus 1000#. Looking at getting a Shrockworks front bumper, P&P sliders, and dezert runner offroad rear bumper. Still debating what I'm going to do skidplate wise. Gonna go with a Wilco hitchgate to carry my spare. The plan is to use rhino rack clamp on feet to mount a smittybilt 2x4 roof rack over the front half of the cab so that my rack won't interfere with the overhang from the AT Habitat I want to put on the back. The rear build out will consist of a short drawer and a cubby at the rear of the bed with a transfer fuel tank (17 gal), water tank (17gal), and lithium house battery being housed behind the darwer/cubby under a false floor. Kitchen and fridge will slide out the back and plan on something similar to the seating and storage like what Jon Burt had in his flip pac for the rest of the back. I have lots of other little plans for integrating creature comforts in the hopes that I can get the wife more involved.

These are my hopes and dreams. In the mean time I have got a system that works for now, just need to update the tent until I can make the leap on the Habitat.

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
How are you liking the new tires after some use? Handling well and keeping you moving forward?

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Well I did this a while ago and am just now getting around to this. 5k review of sorts on the mastercraft cxt. 5000 miles some beach, some off road, but mostly streets. Wear appears even and light. No increase in noise. Ride is good. Running them at 45psi. Traction for days in every environment I've had them in. At this point the only reasons I would switch is to see if I eek out some more milage by using a KO2. I rotated in my spare so there is a direct comparison to new tires...20190105_092401.jpegIMG_20190118_005852_628.jpegIMG_20190118_005852_629.jpeg20190105_091401.jpeg

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

On a side note, I got to test the snorkle out. I had water half way up the windshield and other than having a mess on the outside and a small mishap involving bumpy road and an unsecured fire extinguisher, no problems what so ever... can't wait to install the lift that will be here in March. Also my shrock sliders and bumper should be here at the same time....

Vadim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Your truck looks really great, I like the low key approach you have!! Function over form. I just picked my 2014 Pro-4x up not too long ago. I got a build up on the clubfrontier site but hoping to put one up here today as well.

Overland_Serenity

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Middleburg Florida
Member #

Your truck looks really great, I like the low key approach you have!! Function over form. I just picked my 2014 Pro-4x up not too long ago. I got a build up on the clubfrontier site but hoping to put one up here today as well.
Thanks man. Just wait a little bit. Parts are on order. Phase one will be done in April. It's going to be absolutely epic. In the mean time, the progress continues....20190215_154437.jpegreceived_305086663528307.jpeg

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Looks like you've got a great setup there! I'm chomping at the bit waiting for warm weather where we can start getting out again.